Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new here but i was just wonderin if any body had any suggestions on whether i should do an LS VTEC or an LS turbo for my 98 teg GS. it has 83k miles. thanks.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
tru tru so tru, my friend has built two ls/vtec setups and are perfect. if your scared to do get all the drilling. head over two ebay. search for ls vtec and they got kits now. all you need is the head and for it to be tapped.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
pinoydude2003 on Mar/12/04 said:
tru tru so tru, my friend has built two ls/vtec setups and are perfect. if your scared to do get all the drilling. head over two ebay. search for ls vtec and they got kits now. all you need is the head and for it to be tapped.
How long has he had them? Longevity is a factor with this setup...find me one that has 40 or 50k on it...here's a hint; you won't find one.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
damn big brain fart in spelling and sentence structure what i was trying to say is, they have got a bolt on kit selling on ebay, search for ls vtec and you will get ls/vtech kit. it sales for rougly 250, the head if found will cost about 350(correct me nicely if im wrong).

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
BTW Kyle, welcome aboard! Enjoy the site!

And like everyone said, run a few searches on LS VTEC...also check out the common topics in each forum...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
crap kind of hard to say not that you put it out, it has rougly two years on it. approx would be at least 24,000 miles. ill let you now in the year 2006 what happends. getting back on track, thanks for the info justin, ill look into that a lot. not to jack your post, but um, i got a 94 integra with 124 so odd thousand miles. i know i should get a compression test for one, and then get block sleeved and all the good stuff, so that i can just turbo it right?without blowing my engine

·
Registered
28 Posts
me and a few of my friends have ls vtec and it runs fine and no oil leaks... if done wrong there could be oil leaks. its as reliable as the installer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah it won't leak unless the person who's installing it does a sh*tty job of tapping that hole shut.

·
Registered
10 Posts
People have to keep in mind that a large portion of ls/vtec jobs are left half done. You can get a junk yard vtec head and a conversion kit and with one or two more parts call your job done. Your car will run.. but will it run clean?

Of course not, you did half the job and most likely are reving to 8k on ls rods which they weren't intended for. Driver/install error would acount for the vast majority of issues with ls/vtec builds from what i've seen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts