Team Integra Forums banner

Build log. Updated 2022 with pics.

70K views 267 replies 48 participants last post by  Silvia 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Don't mind the name Silvia. It's the name I gave her when I first laid eyes on the whip.
Been here and a member for awhile now. Always wanted to make a running log. I know I have a bodykit and big wheels, but I liked it at some point. Well my car was built internally and ran a JRSC. Made 211 HP.

As some of you might now my motor crapped out on me and my pistons cracked and melted. I was bummed.

But I went back to the shop that built the motor and they are helping me out again on this build. Thanks to Maperformance, LeClue, RocketMotorsports for hooking it up.

On to the new build and re-transformation of my car. Going turbo and taking off the kit and putting the lip kit on with some new wheels.

8/01/2012

Got the base tune on the car so I can break it in. Made 240 @ 10PSI.

8/14/2012

Bodykit and wing is off the car. Installed the rear, front, side, and valences. Parts are painted.

8/20/2012

Engine is broken in and waiting for the tuner to set a date for full power. I'm hoping somewhere in the 400's. Looks like it can be Monday the 27th. Will post up Dyno charts

9/6/2012 Dyno

Here are som videos from today.

ENGINE:
Wiseco Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP everything bolts, studs, etc.
FullBlown Catch can
Crower 404 cams
AEM cam gears
ARP crank pulley bolt w/ Nordlock washers
Rocket Motorsports Valve springs and guides
Vented valve cover with -10 AN lines

TURBO:
Precision 5558 Turbo
Custom Ramhorn and Intercooler piping
TurboSmart Wastegate
TurboSmart Blow-Off valve
Hallman Boost Controller
Treadestone Couplers
Vibrant 3in Exhaust system with resonator
Mishimoto Half-sized Radiator

DRIVETRAIN:
Stock LS tranny
MFactory LSD w/differential bearings
NRG Traction Bar
Competition Clutch stage 4 with Extreme plate

FUEL:
E85
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM FPR
B&R AN fuel line
FIC 1000 injectors
Walbro Fuel pump

ELECTRONICS/GAUGES:
AEM Wideband
Autometer Cobalt: Boost, Oil Pressure, Nitrous
Hand Command ECU (Crome)
Defi HUD Display

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/ETC:
KSport coilovers
SPC camber kit
23mm ITR swaybar
Beaks Reinforcement Kit
Beaks Lower bar
Blox LCA's with Energy Suspension bushings
Mini Cooper brake upgrade
Hawk Pads
Stoptech Stainless Brake lines

FLUIDS:
Amsoil Break-in Oil (Gone)
Amsoil Dominator (In)
Water Wetter
T-Stat removed.

FUTURE PLANS:
Carbon Hood
Carbon Trunk
Cage

Stay tuned for future updates. Can't wait for the new look and new engine. I will continue to post. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Before:::

Here's with the Turbo on with the kit. I will miss it, but I need to move on to a cleaner look. :frown:

After

A bay shot.

See less See more
2 13
#5 ·
So I've been patiently looking for a rear bumper and optional kit for 2 years, finally found one locally. One of the members on my local forum gave me a deal.

Prepping for paint.

Ordered some new wheels, thanks to JDMachine. XXR 531 16x8 20 offset for the front and 0 offset for the rears. Be here in July.

#9 ·
Engine should be done by next week, will post initial break in dyno. Wastegate is being put on to the manifold. Will take pics soon. After break in dyno on E85, I will drive it for awhile on low boost till it breaks in, Then bring it back for full power. Hopefully get some good numbers.

but still prepping parts for paint. Sanding and moar sanding.

#19 ·
nice build dawg
are you going to drive the car with the turbo on or off at first? my tuner wanted me to drive without it so he can tune it n/a to have something to work with. it made sense to me

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks!!!

With the turbo.
We will do a initial break-in on the dyno. He will run the motor and engine brake, accel/decel. Then tune for a base in low boost and let me take it home till I break it in at 500-1000 miles on E85. But he might just go ahead and break it in on the dyno or drive it around everyday himself.

After I break it in I will return for full power tune. :popcorn:

But who knows. I will know more Monday, hopefully it's on the dyno on Tuesday or Wednesday. Will keep you posted.

#26 ·
I will for sure. It's pre order and they said delivery in July. Gotta bring the rims to a Euro shop to get stretch since the big tire place won't do it for me. We all know them Audi and VDubs be slammed and stretched.

Was looking at your clutch lines and debating if I should've purchased them.

GE sleeves were the only way I could save my motor and the shop has deals with them.

#27 ·
E85 sounds nice but my tuner told me it'll oxide your internals with given time. He went on and said it'll better if you had stainless steel internal to prevent it from happening. I believe him afterall he is a mechanical engineer and my friends brother an environmental engineer said the same thing. Just food for thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.