Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GSR
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 GSR with a blown up 2nd gear. I can acquire a LS trans for pretty cheap rn and I’m wondering if I can swap the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears from my GSR into the LS main and counter shafts. Some dude on Honda Tech said so but I’d rather hear from more than just one man. Doing some research I noticed LS and GSR 1st and 2nd are the same so if I tossed 3-5 on those LS shafts I’d essentially still have GSR gear just with the lower 4.266 F/d. Since I plan on boosting my teg in the future I wouldn’t mind putting up with the slower acceleration in trade off for top speed (higher speed per gear=in boost longer). Once she has a lil spooly boi I don’t think Ill be too worried about how she revs, I’ll be more concerned about lighting up my lil 205s.

TLDR; do GSR gears fit on LS shafts? If not can they be modified too? Is my whole idea bat **** crazy?

·
Registered
1996 GSR
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I get no response by tomorrow I’ll pick up the trans, try it out for myself, and post my results.

·
Registered
1996 GSR
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trans turned out to be garbage, learn from my mistake and buy the rebuilt trans first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts