Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys my friend has a question, about this swap and i was wondering if we can get some options on here of what you guys think,

ok so my friend is stuck between swapping a LS to a Type R B18C OBD2, or Swapping the LS to a K20A.

now we know the K20A will Be alot more pricey, but its worth it and has its own benefits compared to the type R.

what we are trying to do is get his teg to at least 250Hp with maybe 100 shot of Nitrous if we go with the type R, if we do go with the type R we already have a skunk 2 intake manifold, Hondata s300 and PLM-HB18-V2-Headers.

For The K20a we have like nothing for that but would be getting a full swap kit and motor and trans, ect

With the type R swap we know we have to change everything from OBD1 to OBD2 and we are a little confused on that and whats needs to be changed for the wiring.

so what do you guys think we should go for or would be a better way to go, money is on a budget just to get a k20a in the car, so one of the swaps are very do-able any response would be greatly appreciated, the integra everything is getting swapped in to is a 95 4dr

·
Registered
212 Posts
some times people get stuck on hp numbers and not anything else are yopu going to have 250 hp with stock suspention stock fuel pump stock clutch stock ecu stock brakes well you get the point now dont get me wrong 250 hp is nice when in a all motor set up but if you are pushing 250 in a k20 i dont think it would be a good daily now if it is a straight track car k20 all the way but some times simple is more

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
B18C Spec R will not get you close to 250hp. You would have to bore it, up the compression ratio, etc. If you are stuck on 250hp all motor, I would go with the K swap for sure. If you are willing to consider FI then either setup would be fine. What's the car going to be used for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts