Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i dont know whats up wit my power steering when i turn my steering wheel i can hear my pump screaming i checkd it and it was out of fluid so i filled it back up and was trying to bleed the air out of the lines (turn the wheel with the cap off and wait for no more bubbling) i did this for almost 2 freaking hours and it just kept on bubbleing and over flowing lol my dads pissed cuz i did it in his drive way. im not sure if the pumps bad or if its sucking air into from the rack or from a gasket at the pump im just wondering if neone has had this problem before or any info i could get on it before i go buying a new pump or rack thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
your power steering rack is probably leaking and must be replaced the part is about $200 bucks remanufactured and i hate to say this but that thing is a ***** to change out its do-able but probably need to do it in a garage too cold out now

*it does not end there either if your rack is leaking then you have to replace it, but if you replace it you need to do an alignment because that is where the tierods are bolted on to*

you should clean up the rack and all power steering components and top off fluid then with everything clean you should be able to spot the leak and pinpoint what should be replaced hopefully just a hose and not the rack or pump

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its weird because it doesnt seem to be leaking out anywhere its just bubbling out of the resevoir so i dunno i really dont wanna lose my power steering but i aint got alot of money if ya know what i mean

·
Registered
571 Posts
I disagree. it shouldn't be your power steering rack. Its most likely your powersteering PUMP that's whining. mine was whining and i took out the powersteering...no more whine

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im gunna go with changing the pump see if that works do u guys know if it matters if i have obd1 ls and the pump i can get is from a obd2 ls it will fit right. thats just harnesses and stuff like that right

·
Registered
200 Posts
well i had to change out the rack on my girls civic before because the pumped whined and like he stated the reservoir was empty on her car when i topped the fluids off there was a very slow drip coming from the left side of the rack boot right before the tierod

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same problem with a whining sound when i would turn the wheel. Turns out it was my rack and pinion.

Fill the power steering reservoir with fluid and check underneath the car while someone turns the wheel all the way to either side. If it is your rack, you should see fluid dripping down from the bellow boot I believe(someone correct me if im wrong.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ve heard of this problem and was told it was the rubber bushings inside where the high pressure hose connects both side might even be a bad high pressure intake hose air gets in where the bushing is bad and that's wat causes it to bubble over from the resivor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts