my 95 ls has
short ram
4/2/1 header
itr clutch/flywheel
catback exhaust
high flow cat ( intalling soon )

now im wondering if its going to be worth it to get

adjustable FPR , CAM GEARS , and possibly SAFC

my engine also has 145k on it , so i donno if that means i wont be gaining as much HP as on a 50,000 mile car.

from what ive been reading , FPR , cam gears , and MAYBE safc>>?? would be beneficial , since my ls has never been tuned

the goal would be to take it to a shop and have them tune it , what can of gain can i expect adding those mods

or any other suggestions other than FI

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'd be more worried about the Teg being able to handle the extra power rather then how much it will make. I just had a friend recently who blew his engine because he took it to the limits and he had nearly 150k miles on it. Make sure the engine can handle it well before you start modding.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah my situation sucks , i really dont know what to do , because in the end , my engine has 150k already

i wonder what kind of budget swap i can come up with

or maybe ls/vtec setup with that golden eagle kit ( if its any good )

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You can rebuild your current engine which is fun and might be cheaper then getting an entire swap. A swap can run you from 1000-5000k depending on the engine you want. I say you re-think what you want to do before you start spending cash.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shops charge too much for rebuilds

LS/VTEC LoNGBLOCK "Budget Upgrade" Package.
This is just the block, and a B16A head only. There is no distributor, no intake, no header, no wire harness, no throttle body. This is a longblock. And it's built. LS block, new Type-R pistons, new bearings, new oil pump (vtec), new vtec water pump, new timing belt, new LS/VTEC oil line, new head gasket, new IB Spec valvetrain, with Ti retainers, new valve seals, 3-angle valve job, included shipping. This is a nice replacement package for a blown up motor.
This is the perfect motor for those of you that have old VTEC motors, or old LS motors, or any B series motor in general.

Price: $3100 shipped.

importbuilders.com has a good deal>?

how much more am i gonna need to spend to upgrade to that

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
matrix66 on Apr/20/04 said:
what about a b16a , engine only.

its 1000 , much better price.. id just need gauges?
again...what would YOU like as far as the end goals....YOU need to decide this before we can help

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
specific advice needs a specific question AFTER you understand how to plan for a build up.

I suggest you read the Intense Learning thread with all the threads to read pinned at the top of this forum first to understand the main things that influence your decisions.

Otherwise it's a pretty random hit & miss choosing process not based on any logic.
Most of it then is based on what people heard or tried but don't understand why it worked or didn't work.

what we don't want to see is Lego engine building here.
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.