Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car looks like a RS b/c it doesnt have a sunroof but the VIN number says its a LS. Is it possible to have a LS without a sunroof? Some guy at a car dealership said it was a rs when i was lookin at cars for my friend. I thought he was a dick all the time we were there so i wanted to ask my fellow TI members and see what was goin on.

Later,
Garin

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
LS comes with moonroof STANDARD

you have an RS

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You're going to go a against a VIN number? I dunno what to think here...It SOUNDS like an RS, but the VIN number cannot lie...can it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Unless its an RS and somebody installed a sunroof in it thats the only thing i can think of that can make it not go by the vin number.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
quite a predicament...

·
Registered
655 Posts
go to acura.com, type in your vin under the owner's link and see what it says. for instance mine says exactly, "1995 acura integra ls, vogue silver metallic, automatic" and all that.

if it says rs, there you go. if it says ls, and you don't have a sun roof... run your vin at carfax for a history report. possible that someone damaged the roof somehow and replaced it?? I dunno, that would be pretty extreme 'cause I don't know what else. is there a switch to the left of your steering wheel for the sunroof, or is it a blank spot? let us know how it goes man.

·
Registered
910 Posts
another thing to check is whether you have ABS brakes or not. When you crank the car, do you see an ABS light? If not, you have an RS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 94' 4dr LS with no sunroof. I know it because its VIN# on acura.com says so, and I have ABS. ABS was never an option on RS's.

·
Registered
655 Posts
okay, I THINK I have it figured out. It appears that on the first year of the G3 only (1994) the LS's sunroof was optional, ABS standard, and after that (95+), the sunroof was added to the standard equipment list.

4drtegLS: does your teg have color matched side view mirrors or are they black? I think that they were black in 94 also? because of this post right here... CLICK ME!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am going to check the vin number on acura.com later tonite. I know it was a ls because of the ABS but i wasnt sure. Some guy at this car dealer ship was saying all LS's have sunroofs but i didnt believe him. So thanks everyone. Ill let you know what acura.com says.

Later,
Garin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts