Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm looking at more parts to buy and i haven't really decided to do next so i'm brain storming. What do you guys think i should do next?
All i have now is a short ram intake, new spark plugs, and a front strut bar.

This is for a LS 96 auto. I don't really want to go totally insane and do a engine swap/s/c/t/c but is there anything else that would help?

Should i be going exhaust/headers?

·
Registered
382 Posts
you have intake already, so the next step is header, cat, & exhaust. this will not make your engine work harder but will free up potential and/or bottled up performance that was already there. i would get cat & exhaust before headers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
In order for the exhaust SYSTEM to work to its full potential you have to buy headers, cat, and cat-back. there is no need to waste time buying just one, or even two. save up and buy the system as a whole. that way you really see gains. also think about the fact that you have a naturally aspirated engine, if you truely do plan on keeping it like that you are going to want 2.25" piping.
hope that helped.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow Nap and Jwong def helped me on this one. Thanks guys.

Any good combos on full cat exhaust + headers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If i were you start thinking of forced induction, it is kind of expensive but its well worth it as long as you maintain your car. I myself have a turbo automatic 96 teg. You'll notice a world of a differance with FI then the NA route on automatics. just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
At what rpm does your turbo kick in? Do you have any mods to your transmission?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bspec we should talk bout that, i might be curious on your set up and how your car runs. My SN is BatBomberX on AIM.

·
Registered
74 Posts
About the Cat... if ur current cat is pretty new theres no need to up grade to a new cat... That could potentially lead to back pressure.....So if ur cats new and clean..keep it untill u get at least 60k miles on it. If ur well past that get a race cat.. but u still may have the back pressure issues.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts