Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 404 crower cams brand new in the box never been used.i need to sell them becuase i need money for school and stuff like that.this cams go like for $415 plus shiping i'm going to let thme go for $330 shiped!! i think is a good deal, but please serious buyers. thank you

go here to see cams:http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/camshafts.shtml

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not too bad if you're trying to make your ls keep up with gsr. i bought them because i saw them into action, and they were great when we pass a gsr.anyone insterested please let me know. they are good if youre going all motor or nitrous.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
how do you tune them? need new valve springs??

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes new valve springs, and if you want valve too.if tuned properly, gains of 20 hp or more have been seen on ls with springs and cam gears.let me know

·
Registered
428 Posts
im looking at buying the 402's or 403's, any one have experience with these?

and do you really need the springs???

the springs are 327 u.s i believe

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it depends what springs you want. also 403 are very similar to 404 all it chages its the lift by lik3 .2 or so. let me know if any one wants this cams i just need to get rid of them.if you wan buy them then trade them for the 403 it would be less expensive and you'll make money.i dont care aobut loosing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i could get the dual springs and and titanium retainers for 326 plus shipping.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
z317 on Sep/17/02 said:
how do you tune them? need new valve springs??
on a dyno w/ a wideband o2 sensor.

Yes, you will need new valve springs.

These are great cams for an all out drag car, in fact they're possibly the best for a N/A LS that wants big top end power.....but just keep in mind that getting them to idle smooth is gonna be pretty tough. Just so that people are aware of the facts.....these are not typically thought of as a streetable set of cams.

on a last note...lets try not to turn this into performance thread, the guy is just trying to sell his gear-I just wanted to make sure that people are aware of the "side-effects" that these cams will have on their car's streetability.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thank you blueteg now they're going to think these are the worst cams ever. well i bought them becuse my friend had them. when i ran his car against a gsr yea idle was like is not as smooth but hold on hard cuz that damn thing had a $hit load of torque. that it was not even funny when we left that gsr behind.anyone want to see this car run and lives in south fl.meet me at towers friday night and then we're going to the strip behing ft airport. thank you

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have 403's and they are the shiiite i have gears to tho so they helped also but all in all i'm pleased but only if your tryin to be a na dude. if not i'd spend the loot on a zex kit or somethin.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
SpoonVtec on Sep/17/02 said:
well thank you blueteg now they're going to think these are the worst cams ever.
I'm not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not?

"in fact they're possibly the best for a N/A LS that wants big top end power"

Doesn't sound like I was exactly putting them down........just making sure that some of these buyers who had questions on what else they would need would understand that this isn't a "bolt-on and go" mod.

·
Registered
428 Posts
1sickLS on Sep/17/02 said:
i have 403's and they are the shiiite i have gears to tho so they helped also but all in all i'm pleased but only if your tryin to be a na dude. if not i'd spend the loot on a zex kit or somethin.
did you put in the springs?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a nitrous kit used like for 2 months then taken off.i will let the cams the nitrous kit and aem brand new cam gears for 750 shiped. the cams are brand new,the cam gears brand new, and the nitrous kit that retails like for 500 is used and selling it for 300.any buyer itrested let me know. thank you

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I tried PMing you about the nitrous kit....but your inbox is full.

What brand is the kit? What jet sizes does it come with?

·
Registered
133 Posts
silverSE on Sep/18/02 said:
Quote: 1sickLS on Sep/17/02i have 403's and they are the shiiite i have gears to tho so they helped also but all in all i'm pleased but only if your tryin to be a na dude. if not i'd spend the loot on a zex kit or somethin. did you put in the springs?
nope and i have zero probs. i don't have to adjust them all the time like everyone says , installed them myself in about 4 hours with a new timing belt , that includes measureing the old lobes and break in 25min at 2000rpms. i have no spring bind or anything . only real prob is it makes power till like 7500 r's and i only spin till 6800 or so.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
see someone has this cams and they have good thing coming out of them. if you're really into goingfast you want this cams.thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts