Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the skunk2 coilover sleeves on about 6 months ago and I hated the ride quality of them. I have 17" wheels and I am looking for true coilovers. Lets say I go with the Tein Basic Coilovers for like $800.00 are these going to be a a lot better ride quality then just stock shocks with coilover sleeves? Let me hear your opinions.

What I want out of lowering my car is a decent drop with pretty good ride quality, that has some play in the shocks and not something that when you hit a dip your head goes to the roof.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
are you lowered on stock shocks? If so, getting some aftermarket ones will improve the ride greatly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should look into some Ksports, D2, Form function. I have the form function or F2. They are alot less expensive and they are 24 way dampening adjustable and alot cheaper than Tein Basic.

You can also adjust the height at 2 different places so there is maximum strut travel and won't blwo your shocks as easily.

You can find these coilovers over at hondatech

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got Tokico illumina shocks front and rear, with a neuspeed sport springs lowering kit... 2" drop in front, 1.75" drop in rear...rides nicely, dropped perfectly on my 17" Gram Lights t57-RC's...205/40/17 tires...been on the road about 2 years, 50k + miles... took them off yesterday to check them out (while rotating my tires), still gas'd up and good to go!

however...you really cant go wrong with a Tein system...

·
Registered
419 Posts
i have the skunk2 pro series coilover kit (struts and springs) and they ride stiff, but ALL coilovers are going to unless you can adjust the ride stiffness - also keep in mind, the bigger the rim, the crappier your ride will be, i kept my stock integra rims (15") and just slammed my car and that my friend is the way to go (IMO)- or go to a 16" rim at the most, big rims really can kill your ride - if you did get springs only, get the struts, or you will be bouncing for a loooooooooooong time.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Are you kidding me? of course true coilovers will ride better than sleeves on stock shocks, because the coils are paired with shocks that match the rate. Stock shocks are only supposed to be used with stock springs. Theres an article with a bunch of information on spring rates. if you dont want to go full coil and spend the cash, then mix and match, but make sure you get the shocks that will support the rate your new springs or coils will have.

·
Registered
991 Posts
IntegraMarco on Feb/07/06 said:
I'm surprised no one has suggested Omni Power full coilovers, for the price they are great! I did the street setup and kinda regret not getting the sport setup, they ride and handle incredible. Matched with a 22mm Rear type R swaybar...Oh...My...God...I didnt know the definition of "handling" until I did those mods to my DC2.
I've been researching and asking people opininos on the omnipower full coilovers for a while and I really have never heard one good comment on them. I know the one guy who came to our one meet had them on his gen2 and the car wasnt lowered too bad but they were way bouncy for coilovers. I'd suggest the koni yellows. You could even keep your skunk2s. Most entry level full coilovers, minus the K2s which I've also heard mixed reviews on, don't even come close to offereing the amount of adjustability found in the koni yellows. For only around $450 more than your current setup, the price and quality can't be beat. You might be able to get away with kyb agxs if you don't go too low but w/coilovers the urge is often too much and the yellows can handle a much lower ride height than the slightly cheaper agxs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.