1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
the axle is riding ont the upper part of the damper fork, I guess another way to say it is the car is sitting on the axle. unless there are longer damper forks these have to come back out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is that always the issue or just in your case? And well, i still dowt get these, are they like a poor mans way of lowering your car? wouldnt the struts/springs blow if they were stock? i kinda want to look into this, but id like to nkow more about these.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think what these actually do is lower the location of the CV axle within the spindle to lower the car and your factory springs stay intact to keep your factory suspension. It seems like a decent idea as long as the CV axle doesn't rub like shown in the pictures. Unless it's very cheap I wouldn't call it the poor mans lowering cause it's a good way of lowering but regular springs are good too.

This method is used on lowering trucks a lot, claled drop spindles. They usually drop about 2" as well.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
These have been out for a while now. There's some info on Honda-Tech about them.

I think they're cool little pieces, I hate the way the stock knuckles on our cars look, but unless they're on a show car.....stick w/coilovers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the way we dropped American muscle at the shop, there are literally thousands of cars driving around on drop spindles. these just needed a lot of Attention to install them. however after a couple hours of grinding and fitting I have them in the car. the ride is perfect, just like my other factory stock car. they are not a direct bolt on. I wouldn't recomend anyone buy these if you are not really really good with a grinder. it is a Time consuming and expensive way to lower your car, I am pleased with the ride and the steering is tight, absolutely no wander on the freeway at any speed. The drop looks great can just get my fingers between the fender and the tire. got to go put some miles on them now, check back later.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
That's kind of a really bad thing if they didn't account for the axle's relocation close to/up against the front shock forks...

Also, the rear trailing arm bushings are solid and will very likely have the same binding issues that the Energy Suspension pieces have.

They have the right theory, but those pieces need some work. And the fact that it took as much grinding as stevenk said to put in means they're not made too well and they're really not going to appeal to many people.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah if you dont have to grind things i would have been interested. plus the price is probably super high. their add claims to be a straight bolt on kit which seems to be false, but i still like the idea/principles of drop spindles tho..anyway stevenk bump for some pics!!

·
Banned
609 Posts
this seems like a really good idea because the ride quality will be oem but the way the shock mounts (fork) then axle threw the fork when the knuckle is raised it hits the arch of the fork the only way i could see this working if it came with a different fork maybe with higher arch's or something id really like to get a set of these so i can mock up something to make them work.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.