Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm 6 feet tall and I have trouble sitting at the "optimal" seating position due to my height. I wanna sit closer to the wheel, but my knee hits the steering column. I move my seat back, and straighten the back angle then my head bangs the roof. I move the seat back a little and lean a little back then my arms are too straight and I can't turn as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem

I wan't to get my stock seats to sit lower, cause I can't afford other seats.

Is there a way to modify the stock seats so that I can sit lower, and preferably stil retain the sliders? I was thinking of modding the sliders so they bolt in higher(more in) into the seats. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I feel your pain. I was wondering about the same thing, I need to just get under the seat and take a look at it i guess.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Never heard of this being done? Let us know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
you could have a shop cut the bracket in half and weld it about 1/2 inch above the sliders..should give you enough clearance room to still slide with minimal resistance, wouldn't give you much height tho, 3 inches max i would say

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have some brackets that i made that makes the actual seat sit lower in the slider. You only gain about an inch or two. PM me if you want to make some like the ones i have. Its pretty easy to do and id be more than happy to make some detailed directions for you.Or if you want to pay for shipping ill have a friend send them to you.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Jollyjoe, do you have pictures of these sliders you made? If you do, please post them in this thread so we can see what you did. I wouldn't mind making some custom sliders to lower the seats down a little bit too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
When i get my digi camera back from a friend ill take some pics but right now ill work on the detailed directions with a basic drawing of what they look like.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am comfortable in mine, I just feel like I'm riding too high up, my mustang was much lower than that and i felt more cozy in it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
get one of those 'mini chain link looking' steering wheels lol j/k

Im almost 6', so not far off, and Ive never had a problem even with boots on.

- Josh

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
static on Apr/14/04 said:
you could have a shop cut the bracket in half and weld it about 1/2 inch above the sliders..should give you enough clearance room to still slide with minimal resistance, wouldn't give you much height tho, 3 inches max i would say
3 inches is alot man. My hair is always touching my ceiling already.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chiewy on Apr/14/04 said:
thats pretty odd cause im also 6 feet tall and i sit in quite comfortably
Maybe my legs are longer.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any updates on this, JollyJoe??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here I am 6'2" have a gen 3, head room isnt a problem but as for leg room when the steering wheel is tilted down it is pretty tight, I got an after market steering wheel which freed up a little room for the legs, or you can drive with the steering wheel tilted up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts