Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the middle of installing a neuspeed rear lower tie bar. I have removed the two 14mm bolts and now im trying to put the new supplied bolts in with the tie bar. well the control arms arent lined up in the holes anymore and I cant seem to get them to budge. any help on how to get them lined up would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
i have one and i used a separate jack to raise the LCA enough to get the bolt through (after much hammering)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a little bit more complicated then that actualy. on one side it lines up but on the other it doesnt. its as if its twisted. any ideas?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried lifting the control arm in several places with a jack but one side of the control arm lines up but the hole facing the front is too high and the bolt wont pass through. Im screwed if i cant get this fixed because I wont be able to get home. help please! and I think its going to rain!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
okay, with the jack support - use a screwdriver to move the bushing around on the front of the LCA. once you can see its as good as it gets, hammer the bolt through and start torquing it down.

·
Registered
995 Posts
try to find a metal rod the same diameter as the 14mm bolt and stick it through the hole on the other (front) side while you use the jack to lift the lower control arm to try to align it, if you get it through put the new bolts in and screw it in until the metal rod pops out, thats all i can think of

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
If you still can't get it to work, what you can do is this:

Notice that the tail of the bolt on the OEM bolt is sharpened. You can take a grinder and sand the tip of the bolts down so they look like arrow heads. This gives you more room for error in aligning the bolts and taking a hammer to slam that bolt home.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have tried everything, the f*cking thing wont line up for anything! Im going to have it put on a flat bed tomorrow morning and taken to a shop. two scredrivers will have to hold the LCA's together for the night. man im pissed.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Did you take the wheel off? Make sure the wheel is off the hub, if it's on, you've got the weight of it working against you, pulling the control arm the direction it wants to go. If you have to remove the bolt that connects the control arm to the rest of the suspension and put the control arm on the sub-frame first. Then link it back up with the suspension. I know the bar you're talking about because I had the same problems you're having. You'll get it and you'll feel good when you do because it's a learning experience...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had the same problem, while installing a 97 trailing arm in my 01.

I had to grab onto the spring, then push the trailing arm with my foot toward the opposite side of the car, then use a floor jack (without any block of wood to prevent slippage), and raise the lower control arm on the side closer to the bushing under the gas tank.

I also had to undo the trailing arm bushing 17 mm bolts.

·
Administrator
3,606 Posts
Had the same problem, while installing a 97 trailing arm in my 01.

I had to grab onto the spring, then push the trailing arm with my foot toward the opposite side of the car, then use a floor jack (without any block of wood to prevent slippage), and raise the lower control arm on the side closer to the bushing under the gas tank.

I also had to undo the trailing arm bushing 17 mm bolts.
16yrs since the last reply in this thread. That's got to be some kind of record! Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts