Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got a 96 Integra LS with a 94 GSR engine swap. The engine runs great, but has 0 psi oil pressure. Figured out it was a plug on the front of the block so we plugged that up. We still have low oil pressure, but this time it's 25 psi at low revs, and 20 psi at high revs. There is no oil leaking out of the engine anymore, so I'm thinking it's internal. I also rebuilt the engine myself. Did I forget an oil restrictor somewhere in the head that would cause this problem or is it something else? Has anyone else had this problem?!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm more curious about this 0 psi. An engine can run for a little while under little to no load with little more than oil flowing through the galleries at negligible pressure, but any appreciable load will result in almost immediately shaving the surfaces from the bearings if not taking the crank and/or rod journals with them.

And now you say you have 25 psi at low revs? Does that mean at idle with a hot engine? It is nearly impossible to have lower oil pressure at higher revs than lower unless you are taking one measurement when cold and other when hot. There's a small window of overlap around the point the relief valve opens, but that's not applicable at the pressures you mentioned.

Finally, where are you measuring oil pressure? Did you tap into a gallery in the head or are you using the oil pressure switch port on the back of the block?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not physically working on the car. I'm having a friend work on it since I don't have the time to put the engine back in the car. I'm pretty sure they tapped into the head to check the oil pressure. He also pulled the valve cover off today and ran it. He said there was oil pouring out of the cam cap closest to the distributor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts