Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what filter did you use?, i know of cases where filter media came off and clog oil lanes, causing low pressure

Firestone did the oil change and filter - the issue started about 70miles after the oil change. I towed the car in and they did the oil/filter again - and they showed me it is still doing irrespective of how much engine oil is on the dipstick. Firestone advised me to take it to Honda technicians for the flickering issue.

Since the 2nd oil change, 2nd or 3rd time I drove, the issue had stopped - then it came back once as per my most recent post - this time it was bright red but flickering - went off when I turned off the engine.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
In theory there is a chance the oil additive (depending on its chemical properties) could contribute to oil light flashing/blinking, if your car's piston rings are really worn. Gasoline dilutes oil. The additive you add to the gas tank may actually have concentrated oil diluting properties. When the engine is running, gasoline tends to sip through the piston rings, especially if they are worn. Small amounts of it reach the oil pan. The more of it reaches the pan, the stronger are the effects. Diluted oil loses its cooling and lubricating properties and becomes thinner. The thinner the oil is the lower the oil pressure becomes, hence the low oil pressure light may come-on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts