Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just gonna say I have a 2000 Integra gs originally a automatic car swapped to manual with a gsr swap. And when I crank cold idles are about 750 which is perfect to me. But once It gets to normal operating temperature the idle is about 1500rpm. And I have cleaned the IACV already. I’ve tried adjusting throttle by unplugging IACV when I unplug IACV my car doesn’t stall out. Idle changes a little bit but not very much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and also have no vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look under the iac.. there is a fast idle valve I believe it's called. Pop that cover off and you'll see a white ring with a ball in the middle. That white ring has little flat slots in it and these tend to back out so you'll need to tighten it back in . That might do it for you. Also when the car is warm spray brake clean around the intake manifold and hear if the idle changes... you might need a gasket then

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look under the iac.. there is a fast idle valve I believe it's called. Pop that cover off and you'll see a white ring with a ball in the middle. That white ring has little flat slots in it and these tend to back out so you'll need to tighten it back in . That might do it for you. Also when the car is warm spray brake clean around the intake manifold and hear if the idle changes... you might need a gasket then
^ This.

The FITV (fast idle thermo valve) is most likely your culprit. Be VERY careful when trying to adjust the white plastic FITV screw (faces firewall). It's VERY easy to damage. Ideally, you would use two flat head screwdrivers to adjust it and only 1/4 turn at a time and then check it. Here's a DIY with photos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t have a FITV on my car. Just have a IACV and throttle body I looked at the thread you linked and the FITV wasn’t there for me where they showed. Any other ideas and I appreciate the reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts