Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause both low beams to burn out simultaneously? I have done the 9005 conversion but I've had it for over a year with no problems before that. A couple of days ago both burnt out when I turned my lights on. I can't find any locations that they are shorting at but would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Is it a problem of the High -> Low beam conversion that they burn out quickly?

·
Registered
421 Posts
it could be the relay that controls the low beams i would check that first, and if not that check the fuses under the hood and possibly in the car too. those would be my suggestions, good luck man that sux... just drive with a bright flashlight lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Triple__T on Feb/06/06 said:
it could be the relay that controls the low beams i would check that first, and if not that check the fuses under the hood and possibly in the car too. those would be my suggestions, good luck man that sux... just drive with a bright flashlight lol
Luckly I have DRL's so when I have to drive to school in the morning they are on. But a couple of cops have given me interesting looks, but they've been going the opposite direction.

Update, looks like one of the bulbs blew up and caused a surge thru the lines and killed the other bulb at the same time. I'll be going thru the fuses later tonight. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened to me on my G2. They went at most a day or two apart. I don't know if that was lifetime related or if only having one bulb puts higher stress on the one good one. Either way, I replaced the bulbs and didn't have any more problems. I did have to drive around for a day with just the fog lights, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.