Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I skipped work last night in order to get up early to change out some tires and install my carsound cat. I couldn't get out of bed so I didn't manage to swap out the cat.

Today was supposed to be 'funday sunday - where you can run to your hearts desire', but that wasn't exactly how it was. I thought there were no monster domestics or bikes on funday sunday, but I guess along with the rising prices, they ixnay'ed that! *****es!!

Anyhow, I met up with a few TI members, but with the insanely long lines and the domestics breaking sh*t left and right, we only got a few runs in. My first run my stereo popped out at me and got me a 16.0 and I missed second on the next run.

But finally a good run:

R/T : .481
60' : 2.319
330 : 6.485
1/8 : 9.939
MPH : 70.81
1000:12.913
1/4 :15.428
MPH : 89.29

I'm happy with that. With my axleback fixed up and carsound cat installed, that's a 15.3 eeeeeeasy.

The car had full interior minus spare tire and a half tank of gas, so I estimate (based on previous weights) 2425 or 2650 with driver. AEM CAI, DC 4-2-1, stock cat, 60mm exhaust with axleback bottleneck (ugh!), nearly bald Kumho 712's @ 22psi on 11lb rims, very very soft clutch, and it was HOT AS HELL OUT around 80 degrees!

Allright, I'm off to clean the teg up, install the cat, and change the CRX's oil...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
sweet nice run

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NALS on Feb/22/04 said:
i thought the lowest r/t time was .5, i thought going below that on a street car was redlighting, just what i heard, is this correct?
Yep, but reaction times have nothing to do with the overall time, I don't know why they even bother recording them...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
no not before, at the green light, ur supposed to launch when the 3rd yellow light lights up basically...

not a bad run though. was this your first time at the track? cause im sure you could run a bit better with the exhaust fixed/better tires/more practice.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/22/04 said:
But the whole rt thing is really dumb if you ask me. To get even a .5 you need to launch before the green light.
Actually, you need to "react", not launch, before the green light. That way the car starts moving right when the light goes green.

Also Reaction time becomes VERY important when you are bracket racing.

BTW those are good times, that about what I was getting on average when I had an intake. Congrats!

Drew

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fast Asleep on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: Louse76 on Feb/23/04Quote: Fast Asleep on Feb/22/04BTW those are good times, that about what I was getting on average when I had an intake.
But this is a B18B! I'm very much aware of that, hence the congratulations.
Keep up the good work!
[/quote]
Just making sure, and thanks
!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It actually ended up being a good thing that I didn't try to get the cat on before the track. Since then I've spent a few hours trying to get the damn thing on there. It WILL NOT fit with the stock carriage bolts no matter what I try. I picked up some bolts at Lowes and am going to try and give it a go. Hopefully they can hold...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.