Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin at the engine...to the right of it there's those belts...the one on top rotates, but is only barely on a third roller? and the one below it doesnt rotate...ill post pics soon...help?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the top belt is the power steering belt apparently...im about to remove it...and the belt below it is the one not moving...what belt is that?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's the pully i just pulled from my car..i think its an alternator belt pully...and the bolt that hold it on..i think basically just snapped off...im tryin to take better pics soon

·
Registered
936 Posts
That's the AC tensioner pulley. that came off on my car too doing 80 on the highway...luckily it didn't break any other belts. If the other belts are messed up, I wouldn't recommend driving it. Buy new parts from acuraautomotiveparts.org, or this guy on h-t sells oem parts discounted. PM if you have any more questions

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup.i just took it up to the local engine shop right by me...the guy said it was hooked up to the AC...(i looked around, im in MI, with snow on the ground) and i was just like well sonuvabitch, ill deal with it when it gets warmer out.

and the noise was the pully was rubbing on the PS belt...and i took the brokent pully out so of course there's no more noise...and ill cut the loose belt so it doesnt get in the way of anything else.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
this is what happen
the bolt most likely snapped inside the a/c mounting bracket. thats the bracket that holds the a/c to the block. how do i know of this happening? because it happen to me a few months ago and yes i fixed and replaced it. this is what i found i can help you out if you want

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.