Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got my 2" stainless steel cat back exhaust installed. It sounds great! BUT, in Ireland people tend to report these kind of cars to the police. So I;m looking to quiet it down a bit. Its really only load between 2-4000 rpm then goes quiet after Vtec. Its a deep low freq humm in the low range and this is what I would like to cut out.

Whats my options? Would a resonator remove this humm or should I try an put in a mid box or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had the same problem when i had a turbo muffler, and i switched to a skunk2 muffler with 2" piping and now i can keep it quiet... i think its all in the muffler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my muffler (back box) is fairly small but changing that is not an option. I did a search before I posted up here and found info on a MagnaPack Resonator. I'm kinda confused about what it actually does....does it eliminate low freq noises or high?

·
Registered
163 Posts
stupid question but do you have an option for a sliencer on your exhaust?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nop, no silencer.

It sounds great but not for everyday road use, would sound great for the track. I got some mean looks of a cop tonight but he was too lazy to chase me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts