Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my car over a year ago it had a loud ass exhaust. Got it replaced with a RSR ExMag. Sounds nice, but now you hear the engine. Which is really loud. Abnormally loud. I'm not sure what would make it loud like this. I'm comparing it to other tegs. I know my clutch needs to get replaced but I dont think that this would cause it to be loud. Also it has air intake on there. Would that cause it to be louder also?

If you have any suggestions or have this prob. give me some feedback plz.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Loud like how? The intake makes the engine itself louder, but usually an exhuast system will only heighten the loudness of the exhuast. You might have a vacuum leak or an exhaust leak somewhere.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If it is a short intake that is why.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
b4 my teg blew the head gasket, my Ebay 3in(GSR) intake was louder then my brother's(Si) Greddy Evo.

·
Registered
420 Posts
my aem sri is not really loud, its more of deep sound, but its only loud in higher rpms, i like the way my intake sounds and so does everyone thats ever been in my car

·
Registered
975 Posts
i had a sri and it was loud specially when vtec hits, but when i added an extension to make it a cai, it wasn't as loud until vtec.

·
Registered
452 Posts
my cai...all u hear is that whispering sound and it comes from outside of the car...i also have a muffler..and i can tell the difference between my muffler and my engine. VENIDERO ..i think all integra engines have that deep sounding roar. its odd. around 5k+ with full throttle on the gas pedal u hear as if your engine is gon' explode..but damn does my LS move quick ;) i think its normal?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
venidero on Feb/15/04 said:
why would the intake make it louder? Just more air goin to the engine?
The stock airbox muffles the sound significantly because the filter is sitting inside a box.

When you say the engine is loud, is there a particular sound? Maybe a ticking, hissing, thumping, etc...

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Furious94LS on Feb/15/04 said:
GSR=Loud naturally

GSR+ Intake & Exhaust = even louder.

Integra's are not luxury car.
I suppose it's all relative, but a stock GS-R is actually very quiet. Even at high RPM it's noticably quieter than many other cars I've driven. My father's G35 is a whole hell of a lot louder, and that's a luxury car. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
A loud exhaust can sometimes bury the sound of the intake... unless it sounds like somethings wrong, it'd be the intake. An option to quiet it down would be a comptech icebox.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured i'd ask. Being that I had a loud exhaust where I couldnt even talk in the car that the previous owner installed to the new one. I thought the car was loud still. Figured i'd ask. Dont want anything wrong with my car. ;/

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/15/04 said:
Quote: Furious94LS on Feb/15/04GSR=Loud naturally
GSR+ Intake & Exhaust = even louder.

Integra's are not luxury car.
I suppose it's all relative, but a stock GS-R is actually very quiet. Even at high RPM it's noticably quieter than many other cars I've driven. My father's G35 is a whole hell of a lot louder, and that's a luxury car. Just my two cents.
Well since we are talking about his integra, I would not compare it to a G35. The Integra GSR is louder then a RS/LS/GS/SE since the GSR revs higher.

I wasnt comparing the GSR to other sports cars, I was saying it is a sports cars, and people don't expect a sports car to be very quiet. Especially with an aftermarket intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
318 Posts
IMO ive noticed the RS/LS/GS/SE to be louder than the GSR with an intake.  the GSR's rumble doesnt seem as deep as my RS.....its ALOT louder mid and high RPM....but thats IMO

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Dude, It's most likely your intake. The short ram is just letting you hear the natural sound of the engine that the stock air box muffled. IMO it is badass.

·
Registered
452 Posts
VERDINERO u can't tell if its your intake?....or engine? man around 5-6.5k i hear my engine roaring like a beast....seems like the internals are shattering but i love the sound. lol sounds strong....sounds like it can pull. i'm not sure if it does though :) but u get me. u dont like the sound?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts