Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was changing tires this morning and as i get to one of the locks. it took me a hard time to take it off. when i got it off, i found out the thread was [email protected]#$ed. is there a way to change on of the threads or i have to change the whole thing???

thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
the studs are sometimes welded on the back .... i'm not sure with teggies tho ..

·
Registered
126 Posts
if the stripped stud is on the front of the car you will have to take the steering knuckle to a shop to have the hub pressed out of the knuckle because the bearing housing doesn't give you enough clearance to just tap it out

if its on the back take off the rotor and knock it out stick the new one in and use the lug nut to press it back in to place

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Tirrany on Sep/03/02 said:
if the stripped stud is on the front of the car you will have to take the steering knuckle to a shop to have the hub pressed out of the knuckle because the bearing housing doesn't give you enough clearance to just tap it out

if its on the back take off the rotor and knock it out stick the new one in and use the lug nut to press it back in to place
do what he said...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont want to get ripped-off by the dealer. its not being cheap. but they just charge too much!!! bsides i think me and my dad can do it, except for the-bring it to the shop part.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts