Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im an idiot and i was changing my brakes at the same time as i was changing my oil last week and only hand tightend my drain plug. I was driving down the hiway and i hear a tink off my exhuast, confused for a moment i continue driving 20 or so seconds later my oil pressure light comes on as well as my check engine light, having a sleeved built block i quickly shut off my engine to avoid as much damage as possible. I get it towed back and pull of my drain pan, its full of brass chips from my bearings my second/third/fourth ones are all good but the first rod is all black (i had to break an arp bolt to get the bottom of the rod off) the bearings looked pregnant and my crank is grooved on from that rod bearing, i pulled off the crank bearing and it was mint i could still see myself in it so that made me happy. I have a replacement rod from a friend and the bearing isnt much trouble but im going to need a new crank because i cant polish the one i have again the circumfrence would be too small and the bearings wouldnt fit and i dont want to go with an undersized bearing if anyone knows how i can get a used gsr crank for under 100 dollars it would be great help to me because im going to be rebuilding in about a month. thanks guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.