Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my key, don't ask me how.

I emailed the place where I got them from inlinefour.com and no reply. Two emails and no reply what so ever.

I am thinking about tossing them by brute force.

How would I get these lug nuts off, I doubt any shop in town would have this key. Unless they torches and melt it then drilled and pry it off... but I am not going to risk my volks on there.

People with Work RS would know what I mean... its a flowered shape key...

Anyone? any bright ideas?

I think key lock companies should start including two keys (pair) rather then just one...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have to agree w/ outkast.... jam the next size socket in there and just wrench away... it will come off, but as he did warn that socket will remain useless after the project... he is correct and I do concurr

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
take it to a tire shop.. If its jus tuner lugs then tire shops would have them..

my friend lost his.. and i went out to Les Swabb (dont know if you have htem in your area) and bought a new key for $6

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
To remove stupid key lug nuts:

1. Find a socket that is "just" too small.
2. Hammer the ***** on.
3. Unscrew.
4. Repeat.

To save the socket, get a big ol screw driver and shove it through the square socket wrench hole, Vice the socket and hammer the back of the screwdriver until the lug pops out.

I did all four with one cheap wal mart socket.

·
Registered
295 Posts
well when i worked at toyota, they had these sockets specially made for f'd up lug nuts, they kind of looked like 6 sided spiraled someshit i dunno, but it seems to do the trick. well my advice would be to go to a dealership or something, they should have a conclusion for you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not much aftermarket shops I know of around here, will try.
If not, I will try the $1 socket and have my father hammer it on then see if he can take it off.

The aftermarket shops I know here dont' sell these so couldn't just get a replacment I also think ea. one created by Work is different? not sure but heard so

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MeltMan on Feb/14/06 said:
Geezus. Those are $125 lug nuts?

You should have guarded that key like it was made of solid platinum.

I dont know what to tell you now.

Casey, thanks I feel much better now, ;p
Like I said, paying that much, they should give you two sets.
I just need to get the flowered looking one off... the rest are regular hex.

I got volks I wanted to protect them, well they are protected. Even from me. Ironic isn't it?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Ok save your money and leave the gator in the swamp.
Your not getting those off without destroying the nuts so start grieving for those ish's now.

use a drift and hammer the crap out of the nut then use a 12 sided socket that fits on there and take them off,depened on how good you weld your hammer there may not even be any tq on the nuts anymore.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.