Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I probably brought this on myself... but yesterday I decided to detail my engine bay. Got degreaser, etc, covered up battery, distributor, fuse box, MAP sensor and injector sensors with plastic, and went on spraying merrily around my engine bay. Damn its cleaner than its ever been... but oh boy, is my teg screwed today.

Seemed fine this morning on my way to work, but when I took my lunch break 5 hours later, started her up, and in reverse and d4 (its a 94 ls auto btw) at a stop its idling around 300 - 500 rpms, feels like its going to stall. From a stop it has almost no power until 2k rpm where it jumps forward. There is a huge power loss throughout the RPM band, and as it warms up it lurches from normal power to half power, like it is catching up with itself for a few seconds. Almost feels like a cylinder isnt firing. After like 15 minutes of driving it regains power, but idle is still scary low.

So i'll cut to the chase... whatd I screw up, whered water get into, how can I tell, how much is it going to cost me to fix either myself or a *gasp* garage?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone, im desperate here!! Any ideas?? I also noticed today in a 20 mile trip I went from a 1/4 tank of gas to having the fuel light on. I figure a cylinders gotta be not-firing, but dont know why.

Anyone??

·
Registered
685 Posts
the same thing happened to me...after I started my car(after cleaning it) my engine light came on...mad me crap my pants, and the peformance of the car lacked. I had some water leak in through the spark plug covers...I pulled the wires out and cleaned the water off them...I did this for about an hour(kept taking them out and wiping the water off) and eventually it went away...you might still have water in there

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know if this is what your problem is, but a similiar situation happened to me. I apperently got water into the distributor. At idle my car felt as if it was going to stall (and it did a couple of times!) and I had a HUGE power loss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah its happening to me as well. Except i dont know exactly what i did. I took my car in for a tune up. and now every morning when i start my car up, it has trouble starting. I have to give it some gas for it to start. And also, my idle is screwed up. My mechanic told me that it could be the Fuel Injector cleaner that he added in. And that i should wait another week or so for it to go through the system and it should go away. But i dont know. Its freakin me out too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Check your spark plu wires you may have gotten water down in the chamber where the plugs are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts