Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a garret T-28 turbo and I was wanting to put it on my 94 LS but I heard I may lose my a/c and I don't want to lose that. Is this true? If it is then is there anyway I can keep my a/c and still turbo my car?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
It really depends on your downpipe size. If I remember correctly, I think 2.5" is as big as you can go while keeping your a/c. There might be some 3" one too, I don't know. I guess it really relates to the manifold/downpipe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
theres certain manifolds that place the turbo and downpipe a certain way that the ac is no issue. i run a bigger turbo with no ac. but i have power windows and sunroof!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Why don't you just convert the radiator and AC unit to the half sized one for the Si Civic, and then you don't have to worry about it either way. you will have all the room you should need unless you are using a full race manifold (not the company just the type). Which i doubt with that turbo.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
rev hard and drag both make a manifold that will allow b series engines to retain a/c while still using a 3 inch downpipe. you will need to get slimmer radiator fans, and shave some of the block

·
Registered
375 Posts
Who needs A/C? I removed mine when I turboed my car and it also saves pounds.

Beisdes, you will have a turbocharged car... just put the windows down and bomb.

The high-end Porsches don't even have A/C.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
With a revhard manifold and 2.5" custom downpipe, mine cleared the A/C compressor, but I ended up removing the A/C anyway... My wastegate output pipe prevents me from reinstalling the A/C fan, and I'm upgrading to a Fluidyne radiator too. The Fluidyne barely fits, and it would push the A/C line into the wastegate output pipe. So, be prepared to give up A/C if you go turbo; the A/C is pretty worthless without it's fan installed anyway.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i have seen 2 manifold designs that allows 3" dp and keeps AC--

one makes the dp go the opposite direction as what is typically used-- the other had a 3" dp but the bends were ery unforgiving.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
95gsrturbo on Feb/11/04 said:
i have seen 2 manifold designs that allows 3" dp and keeps AC--

one makes the dp go the opposite direction as what is typically used-- the other had a 3" dp but the bends were ery unforgiving.
it is not possible to have a dirver side facing compressor while retaing a/c. unless you use a very small turbo with no intake filter. I have seen rev hard manifolds with 3 inch dp while retaining AC on a gsr

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
that is alwasy an option. its common for people to do that. but if you know how to make a downpipe it is more than possible to make a full 3 inch clear the ac compressor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts