Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i recently got new wheels and tires (215/40/17)
and since then i notice when i hit around 90-100+km/h thats about 60mph the steering starts to loosen up...is that normal? or does anything need to be adjusted...yes the car is lowered 1.5" back 1.7" front.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Please take a second to familiarize yourself with the Site Guidelines.

"Bumping Threads
Keep it fair to all members and do not needlessly "bump" or "ttt" a topic you started. Chances are very good that if someone knew the answer or wanted to buy something, that they most definitely would post a reply."

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so theres no more ttt or bump allowed???
what if that person who knew wasn;t on at the time and now hes on and he knows the answer?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Hey, if you have a problem with the guidelines, ask one of the admin/mods because I am neither. They make the rules, I follow them.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
When you say the steering loosens up, do you mean that you need to make lots of steering corrections to keep the car going straight? That sounds like an alignment problem. Did you have an alignment done when the new wheels and tires were installed?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It's normal for steering to be a bit more "loose" at higher speeds, but not to the point of having to correct it all the time...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ttt - to the top, yes

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea its normal but now i can feel it more with the bigger tires...yea i have to make corrections sometimes and no i didnt get a allignment...the guy said there is no need for it.....but i think i might

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Alignment = good

Guy who told you there is no need for it = Wrongly Informed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts