Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i own a 1998 integra type R. I was planning to go with a jrsc but after some talk with people i am considering a turbo instead. I live in the Northern Ca area and am looking for a good kit to go with my 98 type R. All the kits i see are for a gsr only. Can anyone tell me why or where i can find one for a type R. Also i wouldnt mind puting a custom kit together but i dont know everything i would need. I know i want to run no more than 8psi on stock internals. I heard the greddy kits will work but the down pipe is no good. Is there a place in cali that makes custom downpipes and intalls turbo that might helpe me more.I want a list comparible to the list of parts i had for my jrsc which was

jrsc
rc injectors
hondata s300
toda cam gears
lht intercooler
rgk plugs and wires.

·
Registered
689 Posts
so what were the people saying that persuaded you to ditch the SC idea? Do you already own the jrsc for the R? as well as the LHT intercooler for the R? I would stick with it. You would be surprised with the outcome. Im sure it would suit your needs just fine, especially with the LHT kit. you arent swapping out any engine components ..pistons, rods... and the jrsc (itr ver.) was designed around the type r stock platform. a turbo will give you better whp results, but you can only go so far on stock internals. just my .o2, ilove the jrsc i wish my car was inspected so i could go drive it now, but alas, i must wait...

JRSC = CARB Friendly!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i spent a good year+ researching turbos and engine management. the fundamentals never change. pickup Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and read the forums. otherwise, pay for a shop to do everything for you, from choosing the kit to installing and tuning it. you are in for a world of pain you have no clue about.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
christheape on Jan/19/06 said:
im looking at doing the same thing check out this link here

great site, but to give you an idea, it is just the tip of the iceberg. i've read it many times when i first started. it's like wanting to be an import tuner and just discovering what vtec really is..

·
Registered
103 Posts
JRSC IS A BAD IDEA

my friend had a jrsc built GSR. The MOST he could put on it was 12psi. After that it would smoke and go into the twighlight zone.

If you want SC dont go with JR

u will be happier with a turbo, they sound and look better in ur engine bay. Because u live in Cali, u will need to get a CARB legal kit, so save ur mony and buy a Greddy, HKS, or Turbonectics kit. If you peice ur kit together it is just a pain. Also while u are doing ur stuff also get a Moroso Oil pan and a T for oil pressur gauge to mount it on the firewall. I overlooked those small things and now have to go back and re-do

·
Registered
689 Posts
Very false statement, just a bad experience. Did your friend have the car dyno tuned w/ a standalone? wideband? the blower really isnt supposed to go past 10-11. 12 is deff pushing it. Did your friend have any type of cooling? water inj. or lht intercooler manifold? With any type of serious engine upgrade a retune will only make it more reliable. Not saying turbo is the wrong way to go I just dont think JR should take the rap of a possible poor install.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
brishen on Jan/19/06 said:
Ok i own a 1998 integra type R. I was planning to go with a jrsc but after some talk with people i am considering a turbo instead. I live in the Northern Ca area and am looking for a good kit to go with my 98 type R. All the kits i see are for a gsr only. Can anyone tell me why or where i can find one for a type R. Also i wouldnt mind puting a custom kit together but i dont know everything i would need. I know i want to run no more than 8psi on stock internals. I heard the greddy kits will work but the down pipe is no good. Is there a place in cali that makes custom downpipes and intalls turbo that might helpe me more.I want a list comparible to the list of parts i had for my jrsc which was

jrsc
rc injectors
hondata s300
toda cam gears
lht intercooler
rgk plugs and wires.
Just get the ls greddy kit. The ls downpipe will work on your type r. I have 00 gsr with skunk 2 intak emani and i use the ls kit. skunk 2 intake mani=ITR MANI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.