Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Greddy Type S knock off from ebay and it sounded great the first few months now I don't know why it's not high pitched anymore all of the sudden, I opened the valve and removed the inner spring and tried that still no avail, I also tried letting the setting on the softest and still no, the valve has a "whooosh" sound now when before I had the "pshhhh" any ideas? I was thinking of getting a different high pitched one maybe the rfl bov or the HKS ssq? Any comments, thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
real greddy Rs is prolly the highest pitch ur gunna find.
and If you buy a extra tip for it you can weld up a small square piece to the end and drill a hole in th ecenter and itll make it almost whistle.

Or jeez just get urself a turkey call. thats the coolest!

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I think a BOV should be chosen strictly on function over form....get a cheap one that doesnt' do it's job and you'll be paying for a new turbo.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
HKS SSQV has a very, very nice sound to it, IMO. Has a nice high pitch sound and a little 'flutter' to it, which I like.

I plan on getting one somewhere down the road.

I have a Greddy Type RS knock off BOV, but it still sounds ok...

Here's a movie of an SRT-4 with quite a few different BOVs for easy comparision....

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
^^Ha, he's got a check engine light on. Sounds like the HKS is the BOV for you Vtec4life.

Just a shame it looks so damn weird compared to a Greddy.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
MeltMan on Sep/14/07 said:
Well, the BOV sound will be similar despite the car...

For example an HKS SSBOV will always sound like an HKS SSBOV regardless of what vehicle its on.
Not always. It depends on the volume of air screaming through it.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
It also depends on how the bov is adjusted. I know (and hate) the usual sound the HKS SSQ makes, but I've also heard it make a whoosh sound. Most bovs are adjustable and sometimes can achieve different sounds, but I agree with function over form. Anyway, the HKS is deffinitly the one you want, Vtec4Life. It's reliable and annoyingly high pitched.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well hks ssqv it is, and as for the ebay knock off, the real greddy ones have problems too after a few thousand miles after searching alot of the evo and 3000gt guys have them and they said it pooped out after a while and others with type r bov's failed eventually as well. But thanks for all your recommendations, any sounds of the tial? or what do you guys think about the rfl?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
rfl = really ****ing loud... If you want the usual ricer bov annoying sound this bov is for you, or the ssqv... Tial gets a huge thumbs up from me. Their quality is very much proven, without a doubt that would be the bov i'd choose.

JK really stated it all for you. Function over form, especially something thats protecting the turbo. I mean unless you like paying hundreds of dollars for a rebuild..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have the TurboXS RFL. Yeah its stand for real ****ing loud, also has a nice high pitch to it., I can get a sound/ movie clip if you like

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
HKS SSQ gets my vote for the best sounding/functioning of these 3 on that first link...

I wanna hear that turboxs rfl....that ssq was LOUD I couldnt believe much more than that...

Id go synapse, lol forget compressor surge...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.