Team Integra Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Okay, I think I have a suggestion for you that caters to both sides.

As has been stated previously, split it up. Budget half your money to go, half to show. Here's what I would do if I was you.

As for the go, definitely stock up on I/H/E. Those are basic mods that allow you to gain performance, but not get risky with new internals, FI, conversions, etc. Also, you're in high school, which means you have limited $$. I would bypass getting rims. Tegs look okay without them, and if you did get them (say $750 with tires) you'd have to lower with springs & shocks (another $750). That's $1500 you don't have to spend, which can be used for "show" money. Performance wise, just go I/H/E: you'll look and sound respectable, and now you can smoke your buddy's Neon, Civic, Sentra, Focus, stock Integra RS/LS/GS/, anything-with-4-cylinders.

As for show, keep it low-key. Here's what I would do with $1200:

1. Window tint (cost me $175 to do my whole 2dr. in 15% black)
2. New CD deck ($200 give-or-take)
3. Euro clears up front ($30-$40)
4. Reverse indiglo gauges ($50 at most)
5. Neons (like 2 under the dash, from Streetglow $50 or so)
THEN GO BIG TIME!
5. 2 TV screens, with DVD player/Playstation 2

That way, when you open your door, you have color: glowing gauges, under-dash neons, TV screens, your buddy in the backseat play Grand Theft Auto, CD deck spinning, etc.)

So your teg will have go with I/H/E, and a world of glowing technology inside. Just a few suggestions, just writing this is getting me in the mood to go buy something!

· Registered
715 Posts
Cooncie!My man if you wanna go all show im hella down to support you on whatver you do cuz u have been here to help me with mine,and if u wanna go u can ride in mine!well later bro and good luck!

· Registered
709 Posts
i'd go with show, plus i/h/e, but thats about it, i used to want to go with go, but with tickets my insurance just keeps getting higher, so now decided to go just go, and i didn't get my tickets on racing cause i don't do that much, or actually didn't do that much, i just knew i had a pretty quick car and loved driving fast, but no more. i like looks only now. but pretty much its what you want, my opinion is lotz of looks, little go.

· Registered
156 Posts
I'm a little bit show and as much go as possible. I did this by getting a nice clean kit and then doing some custom work by molding it to my stock bumper and shaving off emblems. I also have amber colored sidemarkers. Other then that, i only get performance parts like i/h/e, clutch and stuff like that. It just depends on what you like. I like the clean aftermarket look with the performance to back it up.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.