Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
i'd love to have a fast car, but since i'm a poor college student i can only afford to either go fast or look cool. the way i see it is that i hardly ever race, maybe once in a while at a stop light, but that's it. i'm spent my money on looks, b/c that gets the most attention, i love having my car in a parking lot and seeing people stare at it. going fast is cool, but really, how often are you going to race it? just get an exhaust so it sounds fast.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Damn guys its really almost a tie. I still think that i want too look good. I mean its not like im not into performance, i have a good list of engine mods also. But damnit i get more comments like "damn your car is clean" never heard, "wow your car is fast" well unless i beat someone and they are cussing about it under there breath. lol. Looks for me guys. 5 months ago i would have been all go. For some reason that is what this site has turned into. Everyone is going towards what everyone else says. And most say GO!! Which is cool, you want to be the same so you dont get flamed for being unique and different right? Thats dumb! For example: everyone who has posted pics of there car and it has Altezzas on it, there is not one person who compliments that they look good. Everyone goes with everyones opinion. Its cool but whatever. If that is what the person likes them leave them alone. I have wanted to say somethin like this for a while. Ive been a memeber for almost a year and its just getting worse and worse!!

· Registered
283 Posts
I say do what you want. If I say jump you say how high? I don't think so.

My personal preference for my car is 50/50 on show & go. I don't street race & I don't go to the track. I just like to have nice pickup on the highway. Most girls I know would compliment on the looks of my car more than the go. Anyways most girls would just freak out if you were speeding like crazy. Drive responisbly, shows that are more mature & girls like that.

I have an open mind and I respect people's opinions of me and of the things that I do. [But] if someone doesn't respect you because of your beliefs, then you weren't in need of that person's respect anyway.

· Registered
1,766 Posts
integragsr6 on Aug/08/02 said:
Your driving a teg, it looks nice already.
I agree with this. Go is where it's at! But rims, clear corners, fog or driving lights, and stuff like that does have a certain appeal to me. And you can't forget about upgrading that stereo.

· Registered
96 Posts
unless you go to the track or anything like that go show, if you want go, ask yourself when you race? if its against civics at streetlights, forget it.. if u go the strip and are into racing for real then go is all good, otherwise go show and save the rest of your money

· Registered
144 Posts
"" For example: everyone who has posted pics of there car and it has Altezzas on it, there is not one person who compliments that they look good. Everyone goes with everyones opinion. ""

I have actually complimented people on them. I think they actually look good on some cars, including mine :)

· Registered
39 Posts
I know how you feel i was in the same predicament a year ago when i first got my teg. I have an LS so there wasnt much go available to me at the time so i went with show. I dropped it, got some rims, and painted it yellow. I also got a front lip. It came out pretty cool and man did i have fun. I was the coolest junior at school cuz everyone thought i drove a Type R, or at least a really clean lookin car.The girls were all over it, and i made a lot of friends because people thought it looked really nice. Get yourself the basics I/H/E so that you wont be drivin around lookin badass but soundin like a geo metro. Your car is pretty quick, youl be able to race, maybe not Mustang GT's and Camaro SS's, but youll have your share of civics, neons, and sentra's for lunch. Just be smart about what your going up against. Now i graduated from high school and ive done my homework, ive read up about the different types of buildups available, FI or NA, you know stuff like that. Now with a better job and more time on my hands i can dedicate myself to makin my baby fast, and doin it the right way. Because i think GO is definately more important than SHOW and probably more expensive. But as for you BigC i would recommend goin for sho and when your really serious abouty go, then doing it. Good luck man, i know its a tough choice.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.