Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im leaving for college in about a week, and the teg is staying at home. i just wanted to know all the things i hsould do in order to prepare the teg for long term storage. im think i should put the car up on jack stands to help the tires. otherwise, i dont know what i should do. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is there any way you can have your parents or someone drive the car around for 30 min once every 2 weeks or so? That would be the best for the car. I *ALLOWED* my dad to drive it every once in a while to keep it in good running condition. (make sure you trust the person taking care of it). If that's not possible, fill the oil, gas, and other fluids, and put a cover on it. I don't know if jacking it would be good or not, never thought about that. What if it falls or something?
-Ep

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am also leaving in a week for college. I am going to buy a cheap car cover since it is being stored inside anyways. I guess i'll probably just throw some thin pieces of wood underneath the tires. I'm not sure what else to do either. Winter sucks doesn't it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i ve heard about people jacking up there cars because they dont want to flat spot their tires. my gf's neighbor does tat with his vette in the winter. im not sure if it works or anything. also, i think i will let my dad drive the car around every once in a while. the only thing is that the insurance is gonna be taken off of it, so itll only be driven around the block or something, i dont want to risk anything, including a $700 ticket for not having an insured vehicle or worse...

·
Registered
412 Posts
In Wisconsin, if i let my dad drive it around once in a while it would get covered with salt from the road, and even if he washed it at the nearest car wash it would be covered again with salt especially the underbody of the car. I know with snowmobiles for summer storage you are supposed to keep the track off the ground or on a piece of wood because it is rubber. You are also supposed to run the gasoline out of the lines and cylinders and then put a capful of oil in each cylinder to help prevent any damage from moisture. any thoughts as to doing this with a car or is it a bad idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts