Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok When i bought my car there was a rain guard right in front of the sunroof soo i took it off and now there is a long black Strip that will not come off for anything its like stuck to the car but i knw it will come off bc some of it came off when i ripped it off there any suggestions To what i should use to help get this Stick Black Strip off??

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
maybe goo gone... I dont know what it does to the paint.. or some kind of soap? what have you tried that doesnt work? have you tried any soaps?

·
Registered
31 Posts
macura2001 on Oct/12/07 said:
maybe goo gone... I dont know what it does to the paint.. or some kind of soap? what have you tried that doesnt work? have you tried any soaps?
goo gone would be a good choice. also on their web site it says that it is fine if used on paint. it is the first question....

http://www.magicamerican.com/faq.aspx

and it seems like the stuff removes just about everything so i would give it is try

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Any type of adhesive remover would do the trick. Shop around and just ask for adhesive remover, and someone will eventually point you in the right direction.

The chemical I had used as a detailer was called "Toluene", and it was in a commercial sized drum. It was used to safely remove tar, or anything sticky off the paint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
its a 3m 2 way tape...very hard to clean up...your best bet and cleanest it to go to a windshield shop and ask if they have some "urathane cleaner" that with very little elbow grease will take it of in no time, we use it at my work if the tape from vent visors get on the car, doesn't scratch paint and mess it up at all

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
pb blaster makes a decal&sticker remover i works good i use it to pull the left over glue an tape from window guards when i tint windows an also turtle wax bug an tar remover works to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.