Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: This post is still under development and revisions. I politely ask the moderators to refrain from deleting this thread if it may seem incomplete.

Purpose: To condense the information about LoJack/Early Warning System and BlackJax information throughout Team Integra and the Web to this thread for easy searching and comparison. Also, to include other competitive devices for comparison, i.e. other GPS tracking solutions. I will be sending emails to company representatives asking them what their product has to offer in comparison to other competitors.

Note: The common topics located in this forum also discuss additional layers of security.

Everyone, it's time to consider adding an additional layer to our security. A typical car alarm system, kill switch, club, and starter disable is easily bypassed and largely ignored if tripped. It may be useful if your car is within hearing distance, but nearly useless beyond that. This is where an additional deterrence offered by LoJack and BlackJax steps into play.

LOJACK
Produced by: LoJack Corporation
Protection and Features: INCLUDED Intrusion Detection, Audible Warning, Passive and Active Arming, Starter Disabler, Panic Feature, LED Status Indicator, Dome Light Illumination, Valet Mode, Flashing Parking Lights. OPTIoNAL Early Warning System upgrade.
User Benefits: ACTIVE tracking in use by law enforcement agencies. Must be activated by filing a police report (read: which is AFTER the discovery, except for EWS upgrade). Works with existing alarm or independently. No monthy fees (except for Early Warning System). Lowers insurance premiums. Increases market value.
Cost: 695 USD. Optional Early Warning System Monthly Fee.
Coverage Area: Coverage Areas
Search Team-Integra "LoJack"
Search Google "LoJack"

Take control and protect your vehicle with LoJack. The patented LoJack System includes a small radio frequency transceiver hidden in up to 20 places in a your vehicle. Each LoJack System has a unique code that is tied into the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When a theft is reported to the police, a routine entry into the state police crime computer results in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state VIN database. This automatically activates the LoJack System in your car, which emits an inaudible signal. Law enforcement authorities who are equipped with LoJack vehicle tracking units - in their police cruisers and aviation units - are always listening for a LoJack signal. Police use the LoJack vehicle tracking units to track and recover your LoJack equipped vehicle.

Early Warning System
Introducing the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System, the LoJack that lets you know if your vehicle is being moved without your permission so you can check on it immediately. You choose how you want to be alerted: by phone, e-mail, or alpha pager.

BLACKJAX
Produced by: Clifford / Directed Electronics, Inc.
Protection and Features: INCLUDED Anti-Carjacking, Siren and Flashing Lights, Ignition Disable, Anti-Brute-Force PIN Entry.
User Benefits: Immediate activation upon failure to enter PIN code after grace period. PIN entry allows self-recovery by owner (read: passive recovery only). Works with existing alarm or independently. No monthly fees.
Cost: Approx. 100 USD
Search Team Integra "BlackJax"
Search Google "BlackJax"

BlackJax is Clifford’s unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That’s it – it’s sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That’s Clifford technology you can count on.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Interesting stuff .. and good to know ...

.... LoJack definately seems unbeatable!

·
Registered
293 Posts
integcraze on Jan/29/06 said:
lojack seem good but such a high price while blackjax is more affordable and friendly safe for everyone. Blackjax i shall get. Soon that is after i install my alarm.
Remember black jack will do nothing if your car is stolen if you are sleep or away. There is no ews. If price is a factor check out the Dei gps tracking also. It works good too, I have the lojack ews on my whip with the dei gps, Both are good to have. I know its a over kill but it is a demo car.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Both seem to work well. one works by tracking the car down after its stolen and the other just plain stops the car. If i had to choose 1 it would be black jax because it seems simple. But the combination of the 2 would be awesome.

great info

·
Registered
293 Posts
But blackjack does not tell you were the car is. The system lets the car go up to a certain blocks away before it shuts the car off. The theif could hit diffrent block and figures 8. Then dump the car. You will be doing alot of walking to find your car or to hear the siren going off.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I know a little about both systems and i think you can't really compare the two, the write up is good to get info on either one but they are two completely different systems that work two different ways with two different prices.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
wrx-killer on Jan/30/06 said:
Remember black jack will do nothing if your car is stolen if you are sleep or away. There is no ews. If price is a factor check out the Dei gps tracking also. It works good too, I have the lojack ews on my whip with the dei gps, Both are good to have. I know its a over kill but it is a demo car.
what demo car?

·
Registered
293 Posts
jdm_teggy on Jan/30/06 said:
Quote: wrx-killer on Jan/30/06Remember black jack will do nothing if your car is stolen if you are sleep or away. There is no ews. If price is a factor check out the Dei gps tracking also. It works good too, I have the lojack ews on my whip with the dei gps, Both are good to have. I know its a over kill but it is a demo car.

what demo car?

my 01 py itr. I put the dei unit show customers about it. The car does not really see the streets anyway. But you are in florida it will hopefully be on tour with B.O.T.I. this year.

·
Registered
293 Posts
hpracing007 on Jan/30/06 said:
I know a little about both systems and i think you can't really compare the two, the write up is good to get info on either one but they are two completely different systems that work two different ways with two different prices.
Correct, one is a gps unit that can alert you that your car is being stolen. The other one just helps if you are being carjacked. Both systems combined togther would be a exselent choice.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote: hpracing007 on Jan/30/06I know a little about both systems and i think you can't really compare the two, the write up is good to get info on either one but they are two completely different systems that work two different ways with two different prices.
Correct, one is a gps unit that can alert you that your car is being stolen. The other one just helps if you are being carjacked. Both systems combined togther would be a exselent choice.
But isn't the blackjax also help you prevent getting it stolen? Like you are not around your car and than someone try to steal your car. He was successful and started the car... wouldn't that cause them to enter the pin in order to keep driving the car and prevent the blackjax from doing it job?

·
Registered
293 Posts
jdm_teggy on Jan/30/06 said:
Battle of the imports=boti, as far the lojack it has to be installed buy the dealer, which calls lo-jack to do the install. Or you can go straight to lo-jack and they can do it. I was able to relocate were they put it because I didn't really like were they were going to install it, But i had to have permission from lo-jack, Wasn't hard to do because I own a stereo shop and I proved to them that I was not going to do any fraud and that I was a dei dealer. So they were pertty cool with it. The dei you can go to any dealer for them and they can put it in the dei tracking unit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Let me hit teg craze first, Blackjack is not a alarm its a add on. If the theif steals the car he is gone till he get to his spot or cave or were ever he is going. Now if he going from point a and is trying to get to point b with out anystops your car is doomed. Now if there is stop in between your car has some hope because as soon as he gets out the car and get back in the car is going to require a code to leave or its going to stop about a half mile later. It also depends on how its programed. I havent installed the new blackjack system. I had the older one about three years ago, it came with the clifford alarm system I had in my car at that time. I was able to get in the car and drive away and did not have to put in the code, but as soon as the door was opened and closed I had to put it in.

Now as far as Dei or lo-jack. which one is better. I will say both. They both do a hell of a good job protecting your car. Lojack does offer a alarm but they do not carry a 2-way pager. Thats when you can add a dei alarm to get this feature. lojack will work with any aftermarket alarm. Dei gps tracking is cool. You can moniter your car will your gf,kids,wife or who ever is driving your car. It can check speed from the computer if you want, The dei unit is gps/cellular. You can start your car from a phone or computer lock and unlock. This feature is a strong selling point for me. Its best for me to say dei. It has more features then the lojack. Both will protect your car well.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Remember black jack will do nothing if your car is stolen if you are sleep or away

Who the heck taught you ANYTHING about Car Security?

Blackjax MOST CERTAINLY will do something if you are asleep or not as your car as it will flat out shut off your car if the code is not entered in....

Quote: hpracing007 on Jan/30/06 I know a little about both systems and i think you can't really compare the two

EXCELLENT reply.... as this topic is comparing apples and oranges...

Blackjax is ACTIVELY looking to shut the car down for an un-authorized driver.. its flashing the brakes, its got a siren going off, it shuts off the car's ignition.... it is trying to stop the car dead in its tracks

Lojack is passively, once activated and alerted, telling the law where your car is located (i dont agree with LoJack's claim of being "Active", as its not telling the thief something is going on, its passively sitting in the background reporting its location stealth like)... I'm not sure what model someone is talking about "that alerts you its been stolen", LoJack requires a phone call (right from the manual:Must be activated by filing a police report (read: which is AFTER the discovery, except for EWS upgrade).)

the only thing even remotely the same between the two is the "jack" in the item description, and its not even spelled the same

Quote: wrx-killer on Jan/30/06 If the theif steals the car he is gone till he get to his spot or cave or were ever he is going

So let me get this straight........ Bob Smith, owner of a teg with LoJack, goes to bed at 11pm... his car is stolen at midnight, he wakes up at 8 am in a panic seeing his beloved car stolen, calls LoJack, calls the cops, what makes this 8 hour window any different than your negatives against BlackJax? Well of course, other than the fact that the car is fully drivable? that fake situation is definitely more believable than:
Quote: wrx-killer on Jan/30/06 Now if he going from point a and is trying to get to point b with out anystops your car is doomed

Which might be true if you were in the middle of South Dakota or something, but in most areas, there will be a stop sign or stop light somewhere, definitely some reason for the car to be at idle and brakes on

Quote: wrx-killer on Jan/30/06 It also depends on how its programed. I havent installed the new blackjack system. I had the older one about three years ago, it came with the clifford alarm system I had in my car at that time. I was able to get in the car and drive away and did not have to put in the code

Hey guess what mr-installer.... you installed it wrong!... the Concept series (which is 3 yrs ago Clifford with built in Blackjax), most certainly, well when hooked up properly, required the code upon starting the car the first time.... want three members who i installed these alarms in their car back me up on this?

I'm sorry man, you are letting your DEI GPS sales pitch get in the way of providing any valid advice..... you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to BlackJax....

Damn do i hate seeing bad advice, especially bad advice given on a marketing agenda

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
And i'll say again

"a comparitive anaylsis between LoJack and BlackJax" makes absolutely no sense, they are two totally different beasts, two things that would work great together, not head-to-head

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
is the blackjax system available still? looking on clifford's website, it does mention anything about it in the addon's or accessories for the matrix security systems. i have looked it up on ebay and they are selling them for about $100. is this product compatable with the matrix line, more specifically the 10.5, or is it just for g5 alarms? the only mention of it on the clifford website is in the features listing for the g5 series.

edit: i found this information on cliffords website about the blackjax. however, it says that its a g5 accessory. does this mean it is only for g5? anyone with some experience or knowledge of this would be great....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.