Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

Wondering if there is a way of locking the seat belt for the driver when its fastened. on some cars and on the passenger side of the teg you pull it all the way out and it will go back in but you cant pull it out again till it goes all the way which only occures when the person get out of the way of the belt.

Am I making sense or am I in lala land an no one gets what I mean?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It makes sense, but I don't know why you'd want that. Sometimes when I'm in my mom's car and I go to lean forward the damn thing locks and practically chokes me. Then it never takes enough back in and I always have this slack. I hate Dodges...

I've never tried to do this in my Teg. And it's never locked up on me like that. As far as the passenger side, next time I'm in my car with my g/f, I'll slam on the brakes for a "rabbit" and see if her seatbelt locks...hehe

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They lock under heavy braking conditions, I just want to do it manually when Im going down the twisties..

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yeahhhhh, thats what I was trying to say, hehe. I don't think you can really do that manually, but perhaps I am wrong...but it is a very good idea. Perhaps you should get those seatbelts that go over each shoulder, like a racecar. They probably aren't that expensive and would make you look cool too...hehe.

I'm sure someone here has them and will post you a link. Or you could just go look them up. I'm sure they're not hard to find. Good luck.

·
Registered
910 Posts
if you pull the seatbelt really fast, it will lock. I know thats not what you're looking for, but its manually.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
cheezthis on Aug/29/02 said:
You can always try this...
click here
WOW

that worked alot better then I thought it would,stays in place perfectly without me pulling against it to keep it there or anything.

thanks cheez

·
Registered
672 Posts
hey cheez i was trying to go to this link now, b/c i heard u say it in an earlier post, but the link is down. Can u send me that link. I was thinking i was gonna have to get a roll bar and harness. But this sounds like a good idea, and i'll try that out first

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
wow this one is almost 3 years old
the only way i can think of to do this would be to remove the pillar covering the seatbelt. sit in the seat and place the belt over you and mark on the belt where it needs to stay. cut a hole through the belt and attach a metal ring clip in the hole of the seatbelt. then bolt it to the frame of the car. the belt will not be able to move in and out anymore, but it will hold you in place while driving. just remember not to slam the belt in the door since there will be ALOT of slack when the belt isnt attached.

JustinKlemgold on Aug/29/02 said:
Perhaps you should get those seatbelts that go over each shoulder, like a racecar. They probably aren't that expensive and would make you look cool too...hehe.

HAHAHAHA! u can tell how old this is

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Back from the dead...whoa...

Umm...geeser's site has been down for years.

Let me see if I can try to summarize it w/out ruining it.

His method was to simply put seatbelt on, then pull it as absolutely tight as you possibly can, and then a tad bit tighter (might be uncomfortable for a moment) across your waste, while keep the rest of the shoulder belt part tight. Then, while everything is tight, tug the belt above the shoulder to lock it.

Now you have a way to lock your stock belts for an event.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ok lol sry for bringing it back from the dead, but i was using the search (kudos for me) and figured why post a new thread, when we can keep all the answers here. Thanks cheez

1 - 13 of 13 Posts