Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of any good/cheap paint places? in socal? around the 626/909 area?

someone backed into my car, amazingly they only took off some paint, no dents or anything. but now the paint is peeling and chipping. i kinda want the entire body painted soo yea... any help would be appreiciated

·
Registered
905 Posts
paint job with those price....maybe only 1 or 2 layer of paint or they will use a cheap paint on your car. The paint might crack or fade quicker. what does the warranty really cover?..paint fade? paint crack?

please don't go cheap on your paint job. if your going to paint your car do it RIGHT. if you go cheap you will regreat it later.

if you do decide to go cheap ask them how manly layer of paint and clear coat will they put on the car and how will they prep the car and what brand of paint they will use on the car and so on.... then decide to paint or not

·
Registered
650 Posts
for the price you pay to get it painted at maaco or earl scheib its pretty damn good. If your car is your daily driver, and don't really care to much on the paint, I say go for it. I'll be going to maaco or eal scheib to get my car painted. I could give a rat's ass about my paint. It's going to get ****ed up anyways. Oh yeah try to prep the car yourself. It'll turn out better and it'll be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
quick one...you get what you pay for. i had to go back for warranty work a couple of months later...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Coordinator on Jan/19/06 said:
for the price you pay to get it painted at maaco or earl scheib its pretty damn good. If your car is your daily driver, and don't really care to much on the paint, I say go for it. I'll be going to maaco or eal scheib to get my car painted. I could give a rat's ass about my paint. It's going to get ****ed up anyways. Oh yeah try to prep the car yourself. It'll turn out better and it'll be cheaper.
thats why i painted mine...im not about to spend $2k+ on a paint job for a 7yr old car...and then have some punk/old lady accidentally scratch it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well like for me my car is 8 yrs old. and yea i dont want some old lady hitting it AGAIN.. soo yea... plus my car sits outside since i dont have garage space for it. i dont really care for lasting long

·
Registered
143 Posts
i agree with drummin.... prep it yourself first then let them paint it. i went to maaco with the $300+ paint but after the etimate it totaled a little above 1k. maybe my car had alot of dents. so they will charge u up the a$$ for repairs.

·
Registered
195 Posts
actually, if you do the prep work yourself, they're not guaranteed to give you a warranty because their excuse is that they didn't do the prep work themselves and can't be held liable for its quality.

·
Registered
650 Posts
csam22 on Jan/19/06 said:
actually, if you do the prep work yourself, they're not guaranteed to give you a warranty because their excuse is that they didn't do the prep work themselves and can't be held liable for its quality.
Damn, I wasn't aware of this. Has that happen to you?

·
Registered
195 Posts
no, but that's what a few paintshops said when i called around here in SoCal. i asked each of them how much i would save if i primed and sanded the car myself, and they told me that they wouldn't be able to offer me a warranty if i did that. bummer...

·
Registered
224 Posts
HEy whats up there is a shop here right next to alhambra(626) of the 710 freeway thats were i got my car painted and they are not pricey and their job is good. IM for more info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.