Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently having troubles with my A/C--the air is piss warm. When I purchased the car (1 week ago) it was cool, but not as cold as the A/C in my LS. Sure enough, one week later the A/C is completely gone now...the air coming out of the vents is just warm. Now, I noticed there's some type of liquid around my header heatshield, and more specifically, on the right fan on the radiator. The liquid is clear, and I tried to smell it...it smells like bleach or some type of detergent. I'm not sure if the A/C problem and this liquid leak are related, but I just have a hunch it might be. There's also a significant amount of the liquid on the bottom of my engine splash guard that's just laying there. I've attached some pics of the leak so you can see just what I'm talking about. What could be the possible problem here?

·
Registered
286 Posts
It honestly doesn't look like radiator fluid, unless you have little or no antifreeze left and its just a nasty mix of water and whutever is left. How is your car running temperature wise? And how many miles are on this car...namingly, are you up there in miles? cuz like 85K miles plus and over integ's have nasty radiator problems sometimes: like mine that the seals went bad on. (damn plastic) Radiator.com was my solution :) I say you give them a call or go online cuz if you cant get the solution here, they have online live technical help and are pretty nice. But i'm sure someone on here will be quick to answer soon.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well let's just say that I'm fairly sure it's not radiator fluid...it's more of a clear liquid. I know this for sure because my radiator fluid is currently red in color (argh, I know...I'm going to drain that sh*t out soon...previous owner put it in). Temperature wise the car takes a while to warm up...seems like it takes longer than my LS to reach normal operating temperature. That's probably fairly normal though. The car has 78K miles and it's a 1994.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, heres a thought just to give you an idea where the stuff is coming from. Try driving it around like you usually do, then come to a stop but just before turn on your ac so the compressor comes on. Have someone slightly rev the engine while u peek under the hood. At different rpms you might get a squirt of whutever it is and see where its coming from. Try the same without the ac being on also. Maybe you can eliminate something or find a solution...either way, its worth a try.
-Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts