Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has heard of this waxless polish but it works AWESOME! It's 17 bucks (worth it) at your local auto parts store. It goes on and comes off easy and you don't have to keep buffing it. It's been two weeks since I applied two coats of this stuff and I washed a portion of my fender and dried it with a towel. To my amazement, it felt like it had just been polished and the towel slid right off! Amazing stuff! I highly recommend this non-wax polish.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I've seen it, never tried it though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
good stuff excellent shine but leaves alot of white dust behind therefore you have to wipe the car down again but it works great

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have been using Liquid Glass for the past 5 years and swear by it. I've used it on many cars in all kinds of conditions and it is by far one of the best polymers out there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pictures won't due it justice. Though you will obviously see a nice shice, it's the feel of the paint that really sets this product apart.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
altspace22 on Feb/02/04 said:
Pictures won't due it justice. Though you will obviously see a nice shice, it's the feel of the paint that really sets this product apart.
I agree totally! They say that after three coats of this stuff you can take a blowtorch to your paint and it won't damage it. Well, I'll leave that up to you guys to test out. I just washed my fender yesterday to see how it has been holding up after two weeks. I dried it off and it felt like it had been just polished! Stuff stays on and works great. The more coats you put on, the better the protection and shine you get.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Teggyman on Feb/02/04 said:
Quote: JohnnyRed on Feb/02/04all glass is a liquid
May I ask what the hell does this have to do with anything on this thread? You smoking a fat J or something kid?

[/quote]

He was pointing out that the name of the product is redundant, because by nature glass is a liquid, a very slow moving liquid...so slow in fact, that most people think of it as a solid.

saying Liquid Glass is like saying Gas Oxygen, when at room temperature and pressure oxygen is a gas anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i use something like that it is a spray on polisher. its like $6.50 or $8.99 i forget. but it works great it gives that showroom shine without buffing. Its called Pro Honda i recomend that stuff.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I'm not a user of it, but I've got a working knowledge of it. I think the information in this thread over on Autopia might answer your questions better than I can here.

Oh, and as for the blow torch claim, that is BS. A blow torch isn't going to do damage to your paint with or without this stuff on the surface. Liquid Glass demonstrates this stuff by pouring lighter fluid on a car and lighting it. Big whoop. Its not buring the paint, its buring the lighter fluid. Show me the damage on an unprotected surface compared to the liquid glass side. Its a trick and nothing more. If they want to prove that your car is being protected then they should apply it to half the hood and then hold the blow torch right on the line between the protected and unprotected side. Wanna know what you'll see? Absolutely nothing. Your paint isn't going to be harmed by a blow torch for a couple seconds. Its not like you are driving through blow torches often enough that you really need the extra protection anyway. lol

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Basically its the equivelant to Klasse and S100 back in the 70's. Thats what I go out of it. I would use it on an older car and for cars like us get the Klasse/S100 like I already have.

·
Registered
281 Posts
if u have old paint with scratches and chips in it, i wouldnt bother... but if u have new paint, go nuts to protect it.... we use that stuff at my acura dealership. Basically, that is the only thing that will ever touch an NSX at our place.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote: JustTegIt on Feb/02/04
He was pointing out that the name of the product is redundant, because by nature glass is a liquid, a very slow moving liquid...so slow in fact, that most people think of it as a solid.

saying Liquid Glass is like saying Gas Oxygen, when at room temperature and pressure oxygen is a gas anyway.
---------------------------------------------------

[email protected]! Someone was paying attention in Physics!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure we all know our different states of matter and properties of different substances at different temperatures so just cut the BS, THANK YOU... This is a thread designated to uncover the awesome qualities of Liquid Glass so people who have never heard about this product now know about it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts