Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
when i was cleaning my car i noticed oil (or oil type substance) on my floor mat and all over the rear of the clutch itself. It seems to be coming from the part where the rod goes into the hole. Is this normal to see this much oil??

Second question:
I can hear a clicking noise in my engine, its coming from the head somewhere in that area. When i accelerate i can hear it more. Any solutions to this? Or is it normal and nothin to worry about?

thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have that dripping too, and just a couple days ago my clutch started feels loose as hell and it activates way near the end of when i push it...hope that makes sense. i have no idea y its doing that. anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its kinda stiff but not to stiff...seems perfect to me, and feels great, yea my clutch activates near the end too.

Does anyone know anything about this
Second question:
I can hear a clicking noise in my engine, its coming from the head somewhere in that area. When i accelerate i can hear it more. Any solutions to this? Or is it normal and nothin to worry about?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Both of you need to replace your clutch master cylinder before your car becomes undriveable. I had the same problem in my '94 LS, and since you each have a 94 and a 95, your cars are at the right age.

Basically, the seals in the clutch master cylinder have worn out, and are allowing clutch fluid to leak out the rod. The rod, pushed in by the clutch pedal, builds hydraulic pressure. When the seals fail, some of the fluid escapes under this pressure, making a mess of your floor. More importantly, the fluid level in the (tiny) reservoir goes down, until one day you don't have any fluid left and your clutch no longer works.

As a temporary band-aid measure, check the fluid level every day or so and keep filling it up with DOT3 or 4 brake fluid. But get the clutch master cylinder replaced ASAP so your carpet doesn't become really nasty.

Ravi2002: The clicking may be a maladjusted valve clearance gap. Your car requires the valve clearances to be adjusted every 15,000 miles; if it hasn't been adjusted in a while (or if it was recently adjusted and they screwed up), it could be from this.

BTW, you can get a clutch master cylinder from typical auto parts stores for about $70 I think. I don't know if all stores do this, but I went to Checker and they sold me a brand new one made by Nissin (the OEM manufacturer of these parts for Honda). They said they don't carry remanufactured ones at all. Of course, this is the same part as your Acura dealer would carry, but for much more money.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot dwolsten
the other day when i get my oil changed the guy filled the clutch fluid and i noticed it was almost empty.

doi need a mechnic to put it in or is it fairly ez to install?

i have never done a value adjustment since i bought the car(used) which was about 5,600kms ago. Maybe the previous owner didn;t adjust it.

thanks for the help dwolsten

·
Registered
648 Posts
t3rr0r1s7: if your clutch is worn out, you'll notice the slippage. For instance, you'll take off from a stop but the engine revs will be going too high for the car's speed after you drop the clutch. It's basically the opposite of a lack of clutch fluid, where you push the pedal to the floor but it still doesn't fully disengage the clutch.

ravi2002: it really depends on how mechanically inclined you are. If you can handle stuff like brake bleeding, then it's easy. Otherwise, you should get a mechanic. The clutch system is very similar to the brake system, and when you install the master cylinder, you have to follow a procedure to make sure all the air is out of the system. Plus it's a little messy; you'll get brake fluid in your engine bay. If you're not careful and get it on the car's paint, it's toast.

·
Registered
569 Posts
To me i think its very easy. If you want to know is the cylinder is like a piston in an engine. The seal(piston rings) has blown and now its letting fluid (air) out. What we did was just bought a new cylinder which came with a spring. Its not to hard of a job just take it out and take it apart and the thing you need to know most is where each part goes, put it back to get there. After your done just bled the clutch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts