Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've scoured the interwebs to try to find lightweight suspension parts, notably some lightweight/forged knuckles, but to no avail. The OEM spindles/knuckles, from what I read somewhere, weight 37.5lbs each. I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds like room for improvement. Has anyone seen any?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally called the company that 50psi posted, AMS at Parts - Arraut Motorsports He seemed cool, willing to answer questions and all. They're making those spindles in limited runs only. They're available only as a set of front and rear for around $1400. He wasn't sure if there was any weight savings on the front ones, but he said the rear trailing arms save about 5lbs each. He said, so far, there isn't much interest in them, which is a shame since it's the proper way to lower the car, but they are pricey. Maybe they're pricey, because no one is buying them. chicken vs egg.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Its. Just wayyyyyyyy too expensive compared to common and tested methods like camber kits and full body coils. Both of which can be had for far cheaper than the 1400 for that kit lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said, I was interested in them for the weight savings. I actually don't know if I would drop my car that much. One reason this kit is so expensive is because no one buys them though. It's sad that there isn't more interest in them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recommend calling them. Just navigate through that same page and you can find their contact info. They have taken down the honda parts page though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
so...for what that's worth.
it's your car and your money, but man, common sense here needs to be leaned on here...

12 pounds is *not* worth $1400+, that money could be spent so much more wisely elsewhere

but i digress.. your car, your $$

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Maybe one day I'll make a dragon run and meet some of you guys. you'll be able to see that i'm not nearly as rich as everyone keeps assuming I am. Just like with the a/c system, I'm not about to buy these. What I was hoping for was around 10lbs per knuckle reduction and around $500 for a set. They're no where near that.

That said, there does seem to be a set of pre-approved ways to spend money in this scene. To me, volk wheels, spoon coin trays, and rhd conversions are a complete waste of money, but from what I've seen, no one really balks at those.

On the other hand, I've seen people on this site tell others that an aem intake and cams are a complete waste on lower power turbo builds...

*shrugs*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts