Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for the lightest 17" wheel out there since i want the best of both worlds looks and performance. which wheels would you guys recommend? im kindve of looking to spend $600 most but dont want them to weigh more than 17 or 18 lbs. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
konig tantrums are pretty heavy...19.2lbs

the issue withe 17's versus smaller rims is the added rotational mass. with the mass farther from the center on a larger wheel, the rotational moment is greater. this negatively affects acceleration, but can actually slightly increase forward momentum (negligible at best, the negative effects far outweight the positive)

Me personally, I'm mad fast yo with my 22.2lb 18" ADR M-Sports, lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JustTegIt on Feb/15/06 said:
konig tantrums are pretty heavy...19.2lbs

the issue withe 17's versus smaller rims is the added rotational mass. with the mass farther from the center on a larger wheel, the rotational moment is greater. this negatively affects acceleration, but can actually slightly increase forward momentum (negligible at best, the negative effects far outweight the positive)
lol so you get 18's?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
QBmurderer13 on Feb/15/06 said:
Quote: JustTegIt on Feb/15/06konig tantrums are pretty heavy...19.2lbs

lol so you get 18's?

If I cared about speed I wouldn't have bought an Auto LS to begin with....or put 22lb 18s on, or built a 100lb sub enclosure in my trunk...but i did...

Anyway, I personally LOVE O.Z. Superleggeras....they are pretty pricey though, but just throwing them out there since they are awesome rims and the 17x7 come in at a measly 15.2lbs!

·
Registered
871 Posts
icemanxlb on Feb/15/06 said:
Yea I think 17" Grams are the lightest but gonna cost ya!!

wrong, all of you are wrong.

i dont understand this misconception that "gramlights" are light weight. they are NOT. they are a tad bit lighter than stock but not that much. I had a conversation with a fellow TI member at the Puente hills meet.

Here's what "gramlights" really are. they are casted NOT forged. there is only one type of gram light that is forged. but if you check Rays website all the rest are casted.

Now if you want light go with TE37 or most forged wheels.
My TE37 17x7.5 weight is about 13 lbs.

When i had 15" 5zigen Div3 N1R they were only 10 lbs. Spoons are 8lbs. but then we arent talking about 17 inch anymore.

when i traded my 5zigens for GSR blades, the guy had gram lights on his EK hatch. when he lifted the 5zigens up. he was shocked at how light weight they were and told me his gram lights were like 15+ lbs. at only 15"

go to their website
http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/indexe.html

and these people are the distributor in USA
http://www.mackinindustries.com/contact.html

call them about weight

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i think all of these are beat by ssr comptetition 17x7.5 wheels coming in at just 12.5 lbs. at $389 per wheel, what do you expect?

trying to find "lightweight" 17's is hard enough let alone the fact you're trying to spend less than $600? lightweight 17's that are cheap? good luck. and i'm guessing if you did find one that cheap, you're getting what you paid for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go to edgeracing.com and search for 17in. wheel and tire packages for you Integra. one of the first wheels on there should be the Enkei Wheel Rp02. They are 17s that weigh 15.2lbs. each. Thatis damn good and the price is $75 per wheel. They come only in silver and they are made by Enkei, which is very good and well known brand. Unfortunately they are only 17x7 and I think you were looking for 17x7.5, but for the price, you really can't beat them. Also, if you bundle them with tires, you can get some nice tires with them, and edge racing mounts and balances them for you and give you lugs with them. Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.