Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a red emblem that glows in the dark for the back of my integra. I popped the stock emblem off, but i did that before I realized I have no idea how to wire it. It came with an inverter and some extra red/black wire...I assume I have to attach the power wires to the taillight assembly and the blue wires from the inverter to the emblem itself, but I'm not too sure. What wires on the taillights do I strip to attach it too? Also, where would I ground the thing? Does attaching the negative wire automatically ground it? Thanks for the help, the directions are in Chinese so I'm pretty lost as what to do. I have a 95 LS 4dr if that helps.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Never hooked one up before, but I'd venture to say that you need to tap the power wire (red) into the brake light power. I'm not sure what wire it is off the top of my head, those aren't lights I mess with on a regular basis. As for the ground (black) wire, just attach to some part of the chassis (metal) that doesn't have paint. I imagine after that, you simply connect the inverter to the light via those blue wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: Well I tried to hook the stupid thing up, and I'm sure I did it right, but as it turns out the emblem doesn't work at all anyway... After flipping out on my poor car, I brought it inside and tested it in the house, and, yeah its broken....Unfortunately I didn't test it before I tried installing it so now I'm out 40 dollars because the warranty is void. Plus on top of that, I seemed to have messed up the taillight. The light doesn't turn on when I have the headlights on, but it does when I hit the brake pedal....weird

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
This may be a little late unfortunetly, but you don't need to cut or strip any wires to install one of these.

Me and Liebernoodle installed one once, on the drivers side of the trunk, when you pull off the panel infront of the tail lights, there is a black cube that has places you can plug wires into. Simply find the wires that go into that black cube that light up when your lights are on, and plug the emblem wires into the opposing sockets.

To me it sounds like the wire you stripped to tap is damaged and not working, which is why the tails and emblem don't come on with the lights, but the tails come on with the brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts