Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pusing nearly 36,000 miles on mine and I can say its lived an abused life and is just staring to get soft. I got a backup wating to go in, but I don't want to cheat myself out of the little nip that's left.

How many miles did you guys get out of your stock clutch?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
50K miles then there was this nice smell every time a did a hard run...then the tachometer needle and the speedometer needle didn't go up simultaneously at the same rate...then there was the hunting to put in the gear when the car was running but I could put it in gear when the car was off...then there was the shudder....

then I tried an ITR pressure plate with an ACT organic hybrid street disc...

then I tried an ACT Xtreme pressure plate and kept my ACT organic hybrid street disc

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got ~100K Miles out of mine on my old G2 teg.. it was fine right up to the end then on my way home I was at redline in fifth on the highway going 60KMH (~40MPH) for about 10KM untill it just gave up.. I could put it in 5th gear from a dead stop and it wouldent move... I was very surprised.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 100,000 miles on my 97 gs integra and it still has the stock clutch in it. Latelty everytime I take off hard from a dead stop I hear a squeeling noise, but i'm not sure if it's the clutch or something else.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i got 118,450 miles on my stock clutch. one day i was driving with a friend, went to shift into second and there was a notch - i was like "sh*t! my clutch is gone!"

ACT Heavy Duty pressure plate and organic street disc = GOOD

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have the stock clutch at 120+K miles, and it has definately been through hell at the track..With the Nitrous there is a little slipping but without, It does its job well. I know one day it will just pop, but until then, its staying in the car.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i have 122k on my 94 and it's still going good, one my mechanic friends said it felt in very good condition still so hopefully it will still last a while.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My clutch is stock with 153,000 km's on it. Going soon though, not slipping yet!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You're running with a supercharger too Garrett, you hafta remember that. (I'm sure you did, hehe)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very ture, but usually wearable parts take a nose dive well before the 100k mark. Maybe it's just my domestic background that says the car should be rolling heap after 36k.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Haha, I've been there with the domestic mindset. It sucks. I have 41K on my car and I always watch my mileage, I'm so used to domestic cars. Every car I've had starting falling apart at 90K or so. The one that I just sold was beginning to have problems at 60K.

With all the stress from the supercharger, I'm not surprised your stock clutch is looking for a way out. But, I'm beginning to learn that 40K isn't a lot for a honda....hell 100K isn't a lot. It's just different when you've been stuck with a domestic, I know this from experience. (Not dissing on domestics, just relaying my experiences with them)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wouldent say just "domestics".. Subaru (4WD= 4xProblems), Nissan are not Great cars for reliability and they are jap cars ... Honda and Toyota seem to know something that other manufactures know... HOW TO BUILD A CAR THAT DOES NOT START TO BREAK AT 100K. I only trust Honda, Toyota and VW.. I'm starting to trust Hyundai .. but I would still probably wait a year or two before I buy one.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Not to get OT, but you can't beat that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
ah thats nothing, a friend of mine works at honda, and a guy in an older body style civic, came in and replaced his stock clutch, that had 240,000 on it, i couldn't belive it. but thats honda for ya

·
Registered
224 Posts
ok can anyone top 161,000 miles on original clutch? no problems with it at all..(previous owner did all highway miles cough cough)

·
Registered
290 Posts
vishous on Aug/11/03 said:
ok can anyone top 161,000 miles on original clutch? no problems with it at all..(previous owner did all highway miles cough cough)
Mine has 123K on it. The clutch pedal is definitely soft, but other than sometimes having to double-shift to get into reverse, I don't have any problems. What are some of the telltale signs that a clutch is about to go?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ha, 166,500 original clutch, the original and only owner did a lot of highway traveling, still in good shape for now. With my constant high rev driving it wont be long till stage 2!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
BamaGSR on Aug/11/03 said:
Quote: vishous on Aug/11/03ok can anyone top 161,000 miles on original clutch? no problems with it at all..(previous owner did all highway miles cough cough) Mine has 123K on it. The clutch pedal is definitely soft, but other than sometimes having to double-shift to get into reverse, I don't have any problems. What are some of the telltale signs that a clutch is about to go?
read MD's post earlier in the thread. that explained it pretty much step by step.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts