Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have work done to their auto ls tranny if so please let me know in which ways did it help. I just sent mine out for the whole shebang (Torque converter 2600rpm stall speed, PTS KIT, SUPER PUMPS, HYDRO SYSTEM, ALL NEW INSIDES,). If anybody has gone on their site they say these systems can handle up to 500hp and 400ft/lb. This is supposed to be an excellent setup at the 1320ft. Holla back!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The best thing about those about the Level 10 convertors is that you have instant lock up from the start, which makes you quicker than a standard tranny. Plus every shift just slams into gear. Never done it in an Integra but have had done it with domestics many times.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it wasn't cheap for sure but in order to handle the boost on an automatic you have to do this setup or else you will be buying new trannies:

LEVEL TEN PTS TRANSMISSIoN=$3264.00

LEVEL TEN TORQUE CoNVERTER SERVICE (SEND YOUR EXISTING UNIT IN FOR AN UPGRADE)=$498

SHIPPING=$150 oNE WAY + oNE WEEK OR YOU CAN PAY LIKE $500-$600 TO HAVE IT THERE THE NEXT DAY.

JDMUGEN PM ME how did your domestic trannies work out with boost and running n/a did your times increase did you see more consistent times at the track?
Holla back!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam Ismail said this setup will be quicker than a manual setup. Don't quote me on this, but I will definitely see when I get it back. Plus I'm going to use it for the drag strip most all professionals say a automatic tranny is the best for the strip. Bracket Racing you want consistency in your times the auto will give you that. You slip a gear in a stick you are sol. Everybody to their own I respect everybody's opinion. For my particular setup I chose the Level Ten auto. Also www.jmousa.com works on torque converters to they are a little cheaper.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
loud_whispers on Feb/16/04 said:
oh god..

just get a manual transmission swap for that much money.

trust me, you will not regret it!

4k for a beefed up auto transmission that is absolutely no fun to drive and can hold just as much power as a manual transmission
(if the L10 setup is what it is hyped to be)..

2k for the complte swap including the transmission!

save 2 grand and get a turbo kit..lol

silly boys..don't be afraid to learn how to drive a 5-speed..its really not hard at all..

cheers

This is what I would call a major miscommunication.

First off who said anything about having to spend 4k?
Secondly it appears that you have made some bad assuptions.
Quote: 4k for a beefed up auto transmission that is absolutely no fun to drive and can hold just as much power as a manual transmission

If you do not like driving an automatic thats fine, but don't assume that no one else does.

Quote: silly boys..don't be afraid to learn how to drive a 5-speed..its really not hard at all..
Just because someone drives an automatic, why does that mean that they can't drive stick?

In all honesty, I can not see what the major probably is when someone wants to modify an automatic transmission. Could someone please explain how it is different from modifying anything else on the road.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I would love to hear how the level ten setup works on an integra. I've thought about doing it, but we have never had one single review on this board about it. I've seen it on a few domestics but let's not compare apples to oranges. And Mr. Moe, I completely feel you on this one. Why is it that all these "manual guys" assume that just because we drive an automatic we are somehow handicapped. Get over it, not everyone wants a manual, and a beefed up automatic will shift faster than you'll ever be able to shift. Also, I don't know who told you that this can only support as much power as a stock manual transmission but whoever it was is full of sh!t.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
oh god..

just get a manual transmission swap for that much money.

trust me, you will not regret it!

4k for a beefed up auto transmission that is absolutely no fun to drive and can hold just as much power as a manual transmission
(if the L10 setup is what it is hyped to be)..

2k for the complte swap including the transmission!

save 2 grand and get a turbo kit..lol

silly boys..don't be afraid to learn how to drive a 5-speed..its really not hard at all..

cheers
I bet I could drive a stick better than you and I drive an auto teg. So don't front.

Ever heard of braket racing?
You got to expand your view of things, auto vs. manual. I keep my auto cause I'm not throwing out a perfectly good tranny.

If you think that way, think of what american muscle guys think of us, they could be like man, they are at a major disadvantage, they got 4 and we got 8, we are automatically better. It's ironic that some people are involved in import racing which is a skill and talent yet try to insult people who are doing the same thing in their hobby.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
hpracing007 on Feb/16/04 said:
I bet I could drive a stick better than you and I drive an auto teg. So don't front.

Ever heard of braket racing?
You got to expand your view of things, auto vs. manual. I keep my auto cause I'm not throwing out a perfectly good tranny.

If you think that way, think of what american muscle guys think of us, they could be like man, they are at a major disadvantage, they got 4 and we got 8, we are automatically better. It's ironic that some people are involved in import racing which is a skill and talent yet try to insult people who are doing the same thing in their hobby.
Agreed.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Martian on Feb/16/04 said:
Well it wasn't cheap for sure but in order to handle the boost on an automatic you have to do this setup or else you will be buying new trannies:

LEVEL TEN PTS TRANSMISSIoN=$3264.00

LEVEL TEN TORQUE CoNVERTER SERVICE (SEND YOUR EXISTING UNIT IN FOR AN UPGRADE)=$498

SHIPPING=$150 oNE WAY + oNE WEEK OR YOU CAN PAY LIKE $500-$600 TO HAVE IT THERE THE NEXT DAY.

JDMUGEN PM ME how did your domestic trannies work out with boost and running n/a did your times increase did you see more consistent times at the track?
Holla back!
Hey when are you suppose to get your tranny back or your setup? How long did it take for them to modify it? I have an automatic also and would like more power to it. I just did the basics: intake, header, exhaust. Can you just get the torque converter itself or you need the parts too for $3k? Let me know how it feels. Debating wether I should go manual or do the level 10 modification. If it gives you that much of a boost, I would consider it and surprise all the manual f*ckers who talk too much sh*t about auto tegs being so slow.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Yes, you can just buy their torque converters. JMO also makes torque converters for the integra. You have to take it out and send it to them though. It might be better to just go to a junkyard and find one and then just send it in to them. I can't remember the site right now but there is a company that sells the torque converters, you would just have to have it installed.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
on the levelten website, it says that there PTS Transmission incoporates all of their parts. So its about 3500 if you want everything.

Martian, exactly what did you get? I just looked at the parts availible for tegs. They do not offer the full transmission.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay here is what I spent all that money on it is not a whole tranny. You have to take out your auto tranny and ship it to Level Ten. I gave Sam $2000 to get the parts in from the headquarters it took about one day to pull tranny one week to ship it to fedex in New Jersey two days there then out to Level Ten. The same to get it back. You can pay $500-$600 dollars to get the tranny there the next day then do the same to get it back if you're in a hurry I'm not I have another car I can drive.
If you look on their site under Level Ten Performance transmissions or under the imports section they will tell you it's all new parts inside the best of the best. The Torque Converter Service is seperarte Yes you can just have that done but your stock tranny won't be able to handle the power of boost without it breaking. Now you can buy just the kit Level Ten PTS kit and take it to a tranny shop and see if they will install it for you or you can do it yourself. You have options. Yes I did pay about $1250 for labor. So if you do it yourself you would probably save about $1500 from the cost that I posted. I don't drive my integra everyday anymore it is just a weekend car. Enough bullsh*t for now if anyone is seriously interested in hooking up their auto trannies please PM me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
All i really was trying to point out was that an automatic transmission, unless severely beefed up will not compare to a manual.
I used to own an auto, and oh my gosh, i'll take a 5speed tranny over any automatic on any given day now.

This is true. It is like comparing an ls 5spd to a gsr 5spd.

Quote: but will you ever be able to consistantly fall into your powerband after shifts with an auto ? more than likely not.
I don't know about that
Like everything else, it just takes practice. This is one of the reason automatic transmissions are so under rated. No one wants to put forth the time and effort it takes to learn to drive it with race applications in mind. The same could be said about 5spd, you have to learn . . .

Quote: In order to actually have that computer shift where you want, you'd have to spend another million dollars buying an aftermarket chip and tuning to find the best shift points in your powerband..
Why would that be necessary?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Yes, the torque converter would make a substantial difference. It raises the stall speed, how high you can rev and launch, it is directly connected all the time instead of being connected by ATF so it will be much faster. In response to loud_whisper's last post, you fail to take the other person's goals, needs, and wants into mind before giving them advice. Everyone chooses to make power in their own way, or else we would all be saving up for that ideal setup and everyone's car will have approximately the same amount of power. Your powerband should be molded around your gearing so yes, I will consistently fall into my powerband and not have to worry about rev matching, or missing a gear.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
jdmkraziestyles on Feb/16/04 said:
Hakamoto, will the torque converter hold power without the other setup?
The levelten modification service is for a higher stall only.

If you are looking for a stronger trasmission without buying another one, explore the idea of a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
All things being equal, power output wise, the auto would have the lower ET. But instead of turning this into another auto vs. manual thread let's get back on topic. I, personally would have bought the rebuild kit and sent them my torque converter while I had a local shop use Level 10's parts to rebuild my tranny.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.