Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I think its time I started an official log of my car. I get lazy and never take pictures when doing projects. I thought it might be a good idea to start documenting my car more. *If you don't want to read just look at the pictures
I'll be updating often since i have a few projects lined up! You'll just have to check back.

First of all, I've owned three Integras. I started with a 94 Thunder Gray Ls around the end of 2003. I didn't really mod it at all, being it was an automatic

I drove that around fro a few years until it was totaled in a rear ending. Good did come of this misfortune, in the form of an upgrade! A 99 SSBP Gsr!!!

I loved that car! I drove it for a bit and started modding it a little. It was stock until I added an ITR sway bar, DC 4-1 header, CAI and 2.5" exhaust. I was on a roll, until more **** came my way......I was driving on some curvy roads when, story short, my rear end broke loose and i was off the road and on my roof. destruction here

Luckily I was fine and managed to get what I wanted from insurance. The week of my accident I was searching all over for another Integra. I didn't want any Integra though, it had to be SSBP>< I needed to finish the project I started with the first purple lady!
Weirdest thing was i found three?!?!?/1 one was riced with a body kit and expensive, the second was from a dealership and expensive but the last seemed to be promising.

So, I managed to test drive the third one and check it out. It was a 99 just like my first ssbp. Clean title , one owner and it had the same miles also, wha wha what? Talked the guy down due to various things that need to be replaced and ended up taking her home to begin the desticker, dericeify and general cleansing of other peoples stank. Heres the evolution to present..........all work done with my bare hands

this was AFTER the cleaning

nasty rims and funny exhaust

found some blades and a lip

rear valences

OBX twinloop

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
over the past couple years I've been adding upgrades here and there. I think this would be easier told giving the cars current specs.

Motor
Blox Type A's
Blox dual valve springs
Blox cam gears
Skunk 2 IM
ITR throttle body
JDM ITR header
k-teller satinless 2.5" exhaust
obx twinloop 2.5"
DIY icebox 4" version, K&N filter
P73 ecu
street tuned by me with innovate lc-1 and vafc 2

Suspension
Koni yellow/GC 450F, 375R
extended tophats
22mm ITR sway
tanabe rear strut bar
neuspeed 4-point front strut
carbing front lower tie bar
skunk 2 lcas

Outside
jdm visors
streetstyler itr lip
carbon fiber optional sides and rear
ukdm tails
4-door rear handles

Inside
carbon gauge bezel and various CF pieces
dual "Quad-pod"
innovate gauges: Air/fuel and Oil pressure
B&M leather shift knob
neuspeed short shifter
stock gsr leathers

this is how the car currently sits....

dont mind my dad in this one.

engine bay shot.

car was almost stolen first week i got it...but its still mine 2 years later thanks to all my security mods!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Nice clean SSBP gsr bro. I am looking to find a GSR but in no rush to find one cause I will find the right GSR. But she is a BEAUTY.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some oldies but goodies

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
*Claps* Its like the end of a feel good movie. Im glad things turned out well for you. I had a similar experiance in my adriatic blue pearl '98 teg. I was hit by a drunk head on. However my story didnt have such a happy ending. I haggled with the insurance company for months and walked away with $1250 more than it was worth. Needless to say I was pleased. But, after such a long battle with the insurance, I just wanted to get another teg and move on with my life. A few more months passed as I searched daily for a teg. In wi tegs are hard to come by. Finally I found a semi decent stock one at a stealership. I couldnt help myself, it seemed to drive and look fine. They were asking WAY too much but I haggled them down to just asking too much.

Then once I bought it the fun began...Well check my build thread if your curious. The moral here is, wait for the perfect teg. You waited for the perfect teg and were rewarded. Hope to see more updates soon.

BTW I have an ebay twin loop on mine also and am amazed by how good it sounds, especially in VTEC.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
photo through the window at work

i knpw the valence looks crooked. first day with ukdm tails:0)

interior "night" shot

B&M knob. love this thing cuz it looks stock. 10 dollars aint bad either...

trunk setup. Clarion 12" sub and amp in custom fiberglass box. battery relo w/ yellow top and battery box.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
things soon to come......projects are fun!!!!

6k plug n play just dont do it anymore...s2000 prjectors, 4300k bulbs, d2s adapters. lenses are in the socks

black housing lights. ill be using these for the retrofit since i dont want to cut up the oem ones.

nrg hub, release and lock, momo tuner wheel. from my buddy maddrio!

rebuild time will come soon enough! 82mm rs machines p73AO

Supertech flat valves. black nitride coated.

new supertech valve seals. ill be replacing these on mah prelude too so ill post some pics when i do. i know there are few h22 tegs on here...

this my little work area in my garage.

thats it for now. hopefully i can get started on the retro soon. I've actually had the parts for a while, just haven't gotten around to it...I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dj98Teg on Jan/07/10 said:
wat kind of security mods do you have to prevent the thieves and nice trunk setup is that a 10 inch
well lets see. hood cable relo, hood latch block off plate, fuel pump kill switch, clutch lock, super stealth alarm install by me w/ 3 sirens, battery relo, door lock relays to disable unlock w/ ign off, keyless four door handles, window visors, disabled trunk latch(need the key to open hatch). pretty much anything to slow them down. oh and the most important...i keep it in a garage and dont hang out by mexico aka south SD.
sub is a 12 btw

·
Registered
519 Posts
Very Very CLEAN!!!

Congrats on finding another SSBP teg, when i wrecked mine i was scared they would total it out and i would never see that color again, luckily i got a jdm front instead :p

How does that OBX twin loop muffler sound? Ive been thinking about getting one.

P.S. I love the sticker under the engine bay!!!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
BrokeDC2 on Jan/07/10 said:
looks nice bro. when are you getting the lip kit painted? I have the same sides on my gsr.
the sides and rears are CF, so i would hope never

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thunder2709 on Jan/07/10 said:
Quote: BrokeDC2 on Jan/07/10looks nice bro. when are you getting the lip kit painted? I have the same sides on my gsr.

the sides and rears are CF, so i would hope never
Im not gonna ruin the sides and rears don't worry. I'm leaning towards not painting the lip just because it matches the black kit theme. plus lips get beat to **** with rocks and driveways. main reason why i didn't get a carbon lip.

and the obx sounds great. it has gotten deeper over time but still quiet. ill snap some shots of the exhaust. its off the car right for some cleanup. im rockin my ITR exhaust for now so when the 2.5" is on ill get some video.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright... I got alittle done. Installed my nrg quick release/hub and momo tuner wheel. It's so nice to have the wheel a tad closer. Feels nice and controlled. Nice upgrade coming from a cut up stock wheel! Here's a picture.

next update I'll be my s2k retrofit! Stay tuned.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i remember i was going to buy the parts you did (the carbon fiber optional and ukdm tails) but i didnt have any money and you beat me to it haha, the car is looking great dude and it has even more goodies coming to it. its awesome, great job keep it up mang

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Small update! Got a couple things in the mail.

Hamp oil filters. Thought I'd try them out.

oh what's this?

don't get too excited... Just trailing arm bushings. They're supposed to be hardened but I don't know how the durometers compare.

I'm working on the retrofit and hoping to have some pictures up by next week.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts