Team Integra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
spikehairboy on Dec/16/08 said:
I don't get why the mounting bracket had to be shaved.
The Legend GS rotors are 28mm thick, while the prelude rotors are 23mm thick. You should have 5mm of space to fill between the caliper and the rotors. Why are you having clearance issues?

They have to be shaved in order to fit an Integra.The Integra rotor mounting area is more recessed than a prelude or legend....because of this the rotor sits further back, closer to the carrier bracket on hte caliper, causing clearance issues.

Quote: spikehairboy on Dec/16/08 HERE they are not grinded. Same setup.

Not the same setup. The car that setup is being used on is a Prelude, the hubs/knuckles are different.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
PigPopTart on Dec/16/08 said:
That's why you shave the other side of the caliper that doesn't mount up. :p

But then the bracket is not centered on the rotor :)

Either way works. The "more correct way" is to machine 3mm off so the brackets sit centered on the rotor like they do on a stock Legend.

*OR*

Run a 3mm spacer behind the rotor to pull it out. This will move your wheel 3mm out though and might rub. This also makes the wheel and car more loaded on the studs which *may* be unsafe depending.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
It's been some time since i did this, but i'm pretty sure grinding on the side I did has no effect on the way it mounts up.

Could be wrong about that but I've had zero issues with my upgrade, everything is wearing perfectly. OR, maybe i'm a human machine shop and make perfect tolerances by hand with an air grinder, lawlz.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
PigPopTart on Dec/16/08 said:
It's been some time since i did this, but i'm pretty sure grinding on the side I did has no effect on the way it mounts up.

Could be wrong about that but I've had zero issues with my upgrade, everything is wearing perfectly. OR, maybe i'm a human machine shop? lawlz
Sure, it works fine your way. Just saying that the bracket is not centered on the rotor like it would be on a stock car. Its not going to affect pad wear or anything. You're right, it doesnt change the way it mounts up at all. I thought you had dremeled the side I did (opposite what you did) which would be a big no no as it wouldnt mount flat unless you had magic hands.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
NeverSeenb4 on Dec/16/08 said:
now the question is.. how can i get my hands on a set of all 4 calipers off a prelude and legend... cant find it... =(
Your local parts stores don't carry them?

BTW, you want Legend GS calipers and Prelude VTEC rotors for the front only.There are other parts used for rear brake upgrades (RSX/S2K), you'll have to search for the specifics because I haven't looked into it too much.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
NeverSeenb4 on Dec/16/08 said:
now the question is.. how can i get my hands on a set of all 4 calipers off a prelude and legend... cant find it... =(

You want for LEGEND 2 piston front brakes
94 Legend GS sedan 2 piston calipers
92 Prelude VTEC rotors (re-drill them to 4x100)

For ITR brakes
Accord V6 (any year) OR Accord Wagon front brakes
92 Prelude VTEC rotors (again, re-drill)

You dont use rear calipers from accords/preludes/or legends. There is an RSX/EP3 conversion however that is not covered in this thread.

Hint: Try www.rockauto.com for cheap assed re-manufactured calipers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Im thinking about running this set up on my EG with 96 itr suspension (114.3X4)

My setup would be ideal for the *edit legend calipers + prelude* rotors because I can skip redrilling the rotors.

Im wondering, if I will still need to machine the rotors if I'm planning to run on a 95 civic set up. Im guessing yes?

Meltman, how much did your machine shop charge you to mill 3 mm off both mounting brackets?

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Im thinking about running this set up on my EG with 96 itr suspension (114.3X4)

My setup would be ideal for the prelude calipers rotors because I can skip redrilling the rotors.

Im wondering, if I will still need to machine the rotors if I'm planning to run on a 95 civic set up. Im guessing yes?

Meltman, how much did your machine shop charge you to mill 3 mm off both mounting brackets?
If you have a 4/114.3 setup you may not have to machine the caliper brackets at all.

No idea on your setup. There arent enough 96 spec ITR setups around.

My machinist charged me 6-pack of beer to run the caliper brackets.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Also if you guys are looking into doing your rears, I know rear prelude rotors and calipers with 9CLP14S engravings will fit.

I think it maybe the same as rsx,ep3 and maybe v6 96 year accords..

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Also if you guys are looking into doing your rears, I know rear prelude rotors and calipers with 9CLP14S engravings will fit.

I think it maybe the same as rsx,ep3 and maybe v6 96 year accords..
I couldn't find answers why the prelude and accord ones wouldnt fit correctly. I assume it has something to do with the ebrake cable attaching to them.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
if the ebrake cable on the v6 wagon is anything like on the I-4 wagon then that might be why.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
you ever see the rear calipers on the wagon. wow are they messed up. the ebrake cable is like welded to the caliper by a bracket. its one huge piece.

·
Registered
928 Posts
MeltMan on Dec/16/08 said:
Quote: NeverSeenb4 on Dec/16/08now the question is.. how can i get my hands on a set of all 4 calipers off a prelude and legend... cant find it... =(

You want for LEGEND 2 piston front brakes
94 Legend GS sedan 2 piston calipers
92 Prelude VTEC rotors (re-drill them to 4x100)

For ITR brakes

You dont use rear calipers from accords/preludes/or legends. There is an RSX/EP3 conversion however that is not covered in this thread.

Hint: Try www.rockauto.com for cheap assed re-manufactured calipers.
on the ITR Swap:

For ITR brakes

Accord V6 So I can say 95-2001? Just want to make sure I am getting the right ones. Or if i get the ITR Single Piston's do I need to shave the bracket also? Not sure if someone mentioned this. Also the Bleeders would be on the correct position.... right? I need to do some more investigating on it.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts