Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Again, thanks for all the comments guys!

It's been a month now and everything is still working great. I haven't had a chance to get the car to the track yet to really hammer on them but i'm spending all extra cash on finishing up my turbo kit.

I promise i'll get to the track as soon as I can so I can give you an update on how they hold up/perform.

JDMInline4 on Jun/05/08 said:
Nice work and info Pig, I just got ahold of the same set up and am debating putting them on due to the fact that it will bump me into stx for autox, but regardless How is the brake feel / pedal effort? does it need to be pressed furthur to get a good feel or does it have good brake pressure right off of the bat (in your opinion)
thanks
-James

I didn't notice any difference in the pedal travel or effort.

Quote: stealthpenguin on Jun/05/08 I think it would make sense to make a sticky thread that provides links to the various threads about suspension swaps.

Having an index of the various swaps people have experimented with would be a useful tool for anyone looking for a cheaper/DIY route to suspension upgrades.

Just a thought, sorry if that seemed off-topic but I truly am impressed with people who try these things to see what kind of fabrication/effort is really involved to make it work. I think that your efforts have in turn inspired other people who didn't think they would be capable of executing something like this.

I would do this tomorrow if I had the necessary work space. Props for a sweet f**kin upgrade!!
Thanks, I've wanted to do this brake upgrade for a long time now but never did because there weren't any write-ups with pictures (i'm more of a visual learner)...so i figured I might as well be the one to do it.

I'm glad this will help other people jump in and do it, it's not as hard as it seems.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
johnnymass on Jul/08/08 said:
anyone looking to do this themselves and cant find the caliper brackets, check out rockauto.com. site has everythin for this swap. I realize i could totally have kept this a secret and sold them to people and made a fortune, but itll be my good deed for the day lol
nice man ill be lookin into that. i really wanna run some nice spoon calipers on my car and prelude brakes. gotta save up

·
Registered
106 Posts
So the integra master cylinder works perfect for this mod? Is 150 dollars for the calipers a rip off? ALso can the RSX discs with a 11.8 inch disc work with this set up? I swear ive seen it done somewhere on honda-tech.

·
Registered
432 Posts
SDintegraGS on Jul/15/08 said:
So the integra master cylinder works perfect for this mod? Is 150 dollars for the calipers a rip off? ALso can the RSX discs with a 11.8 inch disc work with this set up? I swear ive seen it done somewhere on honda-tech.
The stock 15/16" (non-ABS) master will work fine. As will the 1" (94+ ABS) master. They both will work fine.

$150 for a pair, yea that's what I paid. I just sold a pair for $170... I paid $40 for them.

11.8" front RSX disc on a 4 lug Integra? It's not wise to re-drill 5 lug rotors to 4 lug. Or do you mean putting the Legend Caliper on the RSX? I don't think its worth the money/time to gain .6".

Lastly

·
Registered
432 Posts
92-96 Prelude VTEC's are 4x114 or something, drilling them to 4x100 does not cause any over lapped holes.

and thank you for the comment on my setup.

·
Registered
215 Posts
do they have to be lengend GS...and other model legend calipers work??

i would assume that for pads you would be looking for legend pads?

so the complete parts list is:

prelude (92-96) 4th gen vtec rotors
94+ Legend GS calipers
94+ Legend GS caliper carriers
94+ Legend GS pads

thanks

ps is this setup better than the itr caliper route??

·
Registered
432 Posts
SDintegraGS on Jul/17/08 said:
I cant find the prelude rotors on fast-brakes.com

i must be blind

You just need 11" rotors for 4x100 off their site. I think a pair of OE's are 90 and drilled/slotted are $150.

http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_52_254&products_id=1044

http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_52_254&products_id=1043

Quote: blkdc2gsr on Jul/17/08 do they have to be lengend GS...and other model legend calipers work??

i would assume that for pads you would be looking for legend pads?

so the complete parts list is:

prelude (92-96) 4th gen vtec rotors
94+ Legend GS calipers
94+ Legend GS caliper carriers
94+ Legend GS pads

thanks

ps is this setup better than the itr caliper route??
If you want dual piston calipers, yes they have to be 94-95 GS Sedan calipers. Also in case you missed it the caliper brackets will need to be shaved about 3mm (1/8") on the bracket to spindle mounting side.

For pads you can order them for a 92-96 Prelude VTEC and they'll work.

Is it better than ITR? IDK.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
kc-db1 on Jul/17/08 said:
For pads you can order them for a 92-96 Prelude VTEC and they'll work.

OR, ITR pads, OR accord V6 pads, OR legend pads are all the same size.

If you wanted ITR brake calipers you can pick up Accord V6 calipers and they are the same exact thing.

You can also get LEGEND 2 piston calipers already re-manufactured from rockauto.com for $205 shipped. I just bought them plus some prelude VTEC 11" rotors.

·
Registered
432 Posts
MeltMan on Jul/17/08 said:
Quote: kc-db1 on Jul/17/08For pads you can order them for a 92-96 Prelude VTEC and they'll work.

OR, ITR pads, OR accord V6 pads, OR legend pads are all the same size.

If you wanted ITR brake calipers you can pick up Accord V6 calipers and they are the same exact thing.

You can also get LEGEND 2 piston calipers already re-manufactured from rockauto.com for $205 shipped. I just bought them plus some prelude VTEC 11" rotors.

I'm not sure if you're trying to correct me in saying the ITR, Accord V6 and Legend pads were the same. Sorry I left those out, its not like I said oNLY the Prelude pads would work.

It is best you buy the calipers already rebuilt, because finding a rebuild kit is hard to do. Acura wants $31 or something a side.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ok but is the legend upgrade better than the itr/accord caliper upgrade?

is the 2 piston vs 1 piston that much better?

i remember seeing a formula that calculated the actual force appled by the caliper as a whole and for the two that were being tested the larger 1 piston caliper still had more force thatn the 2 piston caliper

just can't remember if it was from when i had my first two tegs or when i was into VW's......pretty sure it was the ITR caliper vs something else

·
Registered
3 Posts
Multipule piston calipers evenly apply force to the entire pad for maximum braking abillity. Whereas single piston calipers apply force directly in the center of the pad not using the entire area of the pad effeciently.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
kc-db1 on Jul/17/08 said:
I'm not sure if you're trying to correct me in saying the ITR, Accord V6 and Legend pads were the same. Sorry I left those out, its not like I said oNLY the Prelude pads would work.

It is best you buy the calipers already rebuilt, because finding a rebuild kit is hard to do. Acura wants $31 or something a side.
Not trying to correct, just adding some more info to the mix so everyone is thoroughly confused :)

41 - 60 of 116 Posts