Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
This set up will fit under any 15" wheel that I know of.Keep in mind your only moving the caliper outward about 3/4 " so it just takes up some of the HUGE gap that is factory,but adding a huge differance in braking

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the comments guys.Like I stated before, they WILL fit under 15" fat fives for sure so i'm ASSuming they will fit most other 15" wheels.I even test fitted the fives off my brother's wrecked GSR just to make sure for myself and they worked.

I'll be posting a functionality update once I get to test this setup at the track.I'm in the process of signing up for the next Porsche or BMW club track day event at the local raceway.

·
Registered
831 Posts
geekypbmaniac on May/25/08 said:
quick question for all the people that did this modification/upgrade.

After doing the Lude/Legend front brake upgrade, could you use the original front Rotors/carrier brackets on the rear? (i hate how small the rear brakes look through my wheels)

and what did you do about the Rotor Shield behind the rotor?
I highly doubt there's any way to modify the factory front brakes to work on the rear, but there's another option available to you. EP3 Si and base RSX brakes can be swapped onto the rear, I can't remember what size the rotors are but they are a decent amount bigger than our stockers.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
AltimaXX on Jun/01/08 said:
I highly doubt there's any way to modify the factory front brakes to work on the rear, but there's another option available to you. EP3 Si and base RSX brakes can be swapped onto the rear, I can't remember what size the rotors are but they are a decent amount bigger than our stockers.

EP3 Si hatch rotors w/ EP3 or DC5 calipers. Bumps up to just over 10", about the same as the stock fronts.

It is indeed a PITA to have to pull the calipers off, flip them upside down, and wedge something between the pads just to bleed them, but ask yourself honestly how often you do that anyway?

Pictorz!

Before:

After:

And here's the (stock) front for comparison:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks good....I'll be working on a project that a friend started a while back, but never saw it hit the street. Will be working on getting some Acura TL brembo calipers on my car in a few weeks.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice work and info Pig, I just got ahold of the same set up and am debating putting them on due to the fact that it will bump me into stx for autox, but regardless How is the brake feel / pedal effort? does it need to be pressed furthur to get a good feel or does it have good brake pressure right off of the bat (in your opinion)
thanks
-James

·
Registered
432 Posts
MeltMan on Jun/05/08 said:
Same here!

I'm gonna go snag a set of Legend calipers and brackets next time I'm at the pick N pull.
I found a set for $43 from the U Pick It in Kansas... and sold them for $170 on Honda-Tech, had I known you were looking I would've sold them to you... for $170. They are extremely hard to find. So good luck with that.

I've been waiting for the perfect time to do this. I have all my parts just no place to do the work. Its sad...

I'll be using a little more of an agressive pad. I"m going with Carbotech Bobcats for front/rear. I'm also using a 1" MC from a 94 Integra w/ABS as well as Russell SS lines.

My fronts are identical to yours. I'm doing the EP3 rear conversion as well, except I'm using stock G3 rear calipers on RSX brackets.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
kc-db1 on Jun/05/08 said:
Quote: MeltMan on Jun/05/08Same here!
I'm gonna go snag a set of Legend calipers and brackets next time I'm at the pick N pull.

I found a set for $43 from the U Pick It in Kansas... and sold them for $170 on Honda-Tech, had I known you were looking I would've sold them to you... for $170. They are extremely hard to find. So good luck with that.

I've been waiting for the perfect time to do this. I have all my parts just no place to do the work. Its sad...

I'll be using a little more of an agressive pad. I"m going with Carbotech Bobcats for front/rear. I'm also using a 1" MC from a 94 Integra w/ABS as well as Russell SS lines.

My fronts are identical to yours. I'm doing the EP3 rear conversion as well, except I'm using stock G3 rear calipers on RSX brackets.
Right, I knew you had them for sale. I may just pick up single piston ones. The braking difference is not tremendous between the two.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok, so basically the only thing you are doing with the Legend Calipers is giving the rotor more room to fit since the Prelude rotors are larger. Cool.I can do that conversion easier (cheaper) and get it done faster. :)

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I think it would make sense to make a sticky thread that provides links to the various threads about suspension swaps.

Having an index of the various swaps people have experimented with would be a useful tool for anyone looking for a cheaper/DIY route to suspension upgrades.

Just a thought, sorry if that seemed off-topic but I truly am impressed with people who try these things to see what kind of fabrication/effort is really involved to make it work. I think that your efforts have in turn inspired other people who didn't think they would be capable of executing something like this.

I would do this tomorrow if I had the necessary work space. Props for a sweet f**kin upgrade!!

21 - 40 of 116 Posts