Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellows,

I have a 96 Sedan and am interested in increasing the travel of the seat to enhance the front legroom.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can point me in the right direction to have this done.

Thanks,
Vuarnet

·
Registered
940 Posts
hey! thats not a granny mobile
i happen to own a 4 door too!

all i can say is move your seat all the way back but i dont think u can reach the gas pedals then

·
Registered
648 Posts
Reach the gas pedal? The guy doesn't have enough legroom, presumably with the seat all the way back. I have the seat all the way back in my 2-door, and I could still use an extra inch or so, but I'm 6'1". I'd never buy a 4-door; they're always too small in the front.

Cjanik on Sep/24/02 said:
all i can say is move your seat all the way back but i dont think u can reach the gas pedals then

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I was actually thinking about this yesterday, being I am 6'5". I was about when you get aftermarket seats you get brackets, can you just mount the seat farther back on the bracket?? this would allow for a little more leg room. Thats the thought I had but if anyone knows a solid way to get the seat farther back, LET ME KNOW!

BTW I have a 2 door.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
yeah... i have a 2 door as well, but being 6'4" it's like driving a go kart. i have the seat reclined quite a bit just so i have some room for my arms. i'm sure JUICEDGSR95 is familiar with this position. I'm hoping when i get my racing seat i can custom mount it. I don't think there is any secure/safe way to do it otherwise without doing some serious custom metal work.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Wow, how do you guys fit without hitting your heads? I seem to be leggier, so I always have legroom problems, but when other tall guys sit in my car, their head doesn't fit.

I'll have to remove my seat some time and see if it can be modified. I'd like to have a little more legroom, and I'm apparently not the only one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks for the various replies.

Quick point of clarification, is there greater front seat leg room afforded the driver in the 2-door vs 4-door?

Keep those replies rolling in.

Thanks
Vuarnet

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
WOW, I never knew the 2dr had more room up front than the 4dr? Well Id rather it be roomier up front than in the back since im only in the back of my car for 1 reason only, But the seats are usually folded down for that =)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
just take out the front seat and then you can sit in the back seat (Police Acadmy).

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Furious94LS on Sep/26/02 said:
WOW, I never knew the 2dr had more room up front than the 4dr? Well Id rather it be roomier up front than in the back since im only in the back of my car for 1 reason only, But the seats are usually folded down for that =)
oh you too! lol, "it"

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i have a hell of alot more room in my 87 4door than my 2 door. i guess i cant compare, hence the generations. im 6'-1". in my 2dr if i have the seat all the way back i really dont have a good feel on the pedals. if i had an auto i could, just push the gas, but that clutch.....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
HEY! my silver 95 LS two door is a grannymobile!! i bought it from some OLD FREAKIN GRANNY about a year ago (YES it is a MANUAL TRANSMISSIoN) it only had 50,000 miles on it! yeah.. not to mention in immaculate condition inside, and only some light dings and scratches on the body (stupid old people not knowing how to park, nerr!) but she took it to Acura for EVERYTHING, every oil change.. she even saved the original window sticker from when she bought it new (ya know the thing that lists the specs and stuff)... and the original sales receipt, i cant believe how much it cost to have the spoiler put on!! OMG!!

grannymobile came through for me!
NO MORE OF THIS GRANNYMOBILE TALK! NERR!

·
Registered
159 Posts
It was my experience when I drove a 1995 four door gsr, that it had more leg room than my 2 door.
I know this is an old thread but thought I would chip in. Also, has anyone figured out how to get more leg room?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
tucker8235 on Dec/04/07 said:
It was my experience when I drove a 1995 four door gsr, that it had more leg room than my 2 door.
I know this is an old thread but thought I would chip in. Also, has anyone figured out how to get more leg room?
buy a bigger car...seriously though aftermarket seats help...i had some megan seats in my car earlier this seat and i felt like there was a little more leg room..i own a db7 and am 6'2..and props for bring up a wikid old thread...on my birfdae

1 - 18 of 18 Posts