Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just got myself a LED scanner and i'm having a hard time deciding where to postion it. Any suggestion? one problem i'm running into is how do i route the scanner's wires to connect with my alarm which is under the steering wheel. If you have a scanner in your car post a pic!

thanks

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
i have a blue scanner and i mounted it to the back of my rear view mirror and ran the wires through the roof, i dont know where my alarm brain is so i just wired it to the fuse box to come on when i take my keys out.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
midwesta on Jan/31/04 said:
i have a blue scanner and i mounted it to the back of my rear view mirror and ran the wires through the roof, i dont know where my alarm brain is so i just wired it to the fuse box to come on when i take my keys out.
I agree this is probably one of the best places to put it...as far as wiring get you a relay and wire it to turn on when there isn't power when the remote turn on to the stereo is powered. Sorry I don't have a pic of a relay to explain this better.
Later,
Jared

EDIT: Also do you have a current just plain LED mounted anywhere? If so you can use this wire as your turn on as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rcurry14 on Mar/27/04 said:
what are you all talking about? Please be kind.
when you take out the digital clock, you will find that there are 4 wires connected to it: red, black, white and yellow. I'm asking if I can just cut those (except for the white) and run my scanner's three wires into those as well (the red, black, and yellow)

·
Registered
479 Posts
i have two blue led scanners each on the pillars on driver and passenger side, vertical. i ran the wires down the pillars to the alarm under the dash.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I actually have a scanner in my car, but I kinda think it looks a bit flashy... the kind of car kids like to pound with their fists to make the alarm go off.

my question - How do I disconnect it?There is actually a little black button on the scanner... I have pushed it with no effect. Is there some trick to turning it off permanently?

I already have another flashing led by the handbrake.

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts